YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, October 9, 2019

MIDWEEK MUSINGS

Image result for midweek musings

There is not always a midweek post from me, these days.  Yet, this week seems to warrant one.

Happily, I have completed all 7 of the Harry Potter books.  Hubby is on book #4 and is really enjoying them also.  It was fun to read books that my Grands have read.

Image result for harry potter american collection


  After I finished the last book, I grabbed the next book on top of my 'to read' pile.

Image result for sweet tea TUESDAY

This was on top.  I had wanted to order and read this book for sometime.  I had it on a wish list at Thriftbooks and when it came in they notified me and I ordered it pronto! It was recommended by another YOP blogger.  Did I like it?  Honestly?  I don't know.  It was a super easy read. (finished in 2 bedtime readings)  The characters came to life, quite well.  The story line is what got me.  After finishing it, I found myself weeping silently off and on until about 2:30 in the morning.  It really hit me hard.  

I pulled the next book off the top of my reading pile and now am back into my Jan Karon books.

Image result for fr tim kavanaugh someplace

This is book #14 in her series with Fr Tim Kavanaugh.  They are so good.  I have no issue reading these before bed.  No insomnia from the story line of these books.  There are 2 more after this one to read.  Yes, I have them.

There is something else I have been trying this week.  Each day I am 'trying' to do a bit of knitting/crocheting on each of my WIP's.  I am not sure this is the best way to get things done.  In fact, I normally find one of my WIP's gets missed each day because of running out of time.  Like I said, this is something I decided to try just this week.  Not too sure this will continue into next week.  Maybe next week, I will try just working on project per day.  I have 5 projects on the go so that might be the answer to getting some real progress on each item.  What do you guys think?

Tonight, hubby and I will pick up our friend and head to trivia.  It is our one night out we look forward to each week.  We are not good at it but.........it is dinner out and time spent with other people.

OK, need to get back to my knitting.  I have only worked on 1 items so far today.  We leave in 2 hours, so I need to get cracking.

Until next time...................happy crafting!

6 comments:

  1. YAY for finishing the Harry Potter series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
  2. Good for you for finishing the HP series. While I enjoyed watching the movies I'm pretty sure I wouldn't have managed to stay interested in the books. That said, I've read some books my young sons recommended and found some real treasures for myself. Would love to know more about Trivia. We played the game Trivial Pursuit years back, but I'm thinking you might be talking about something different. Or are you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm like you....no books that make me cry! I've done enough of that....I even have a problem with the news. I cry at the drop of a hat anymore....this from a person that rarely ever cried. I love the Karon books....full of joy! I need to reread as it has been years. Also, I need to get back and finish the HP books.
    I like your idea of working on 1 WIP daily. I might try that as I am now starting Christmas presents yet I want some finishes! My craft eyes are too big for my craft accomplishments! Have fun tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marsha :) I never read the Harry Potter books, but we watched all the movies one weekend during an HP marathon! I have so many projects that I want to get to, and I never find the time these days. Working on one a day sounds doable though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.