YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Clean Start

Image result for 2019

Everyone else has said it so just be nice and accept my saying it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

OK, that is done so let's just talk a little bit.  I love new years, new months, new weeks, new days.  It seems to me, God's way of giving us a clean start.  I would sure hate to waste that opportunity to start clean, wouldn't you?  Anyway.............enough introspection.  Let's talk about some fun stuff.

I have my first FO of the year!

 A DW dishcloth.  This is my favorite pattern to make.  This one has a home it is going to.  My BFF told me her 4 year old dishcloths were getting a bit raggedy so I took the hint and started making one for her.  I will make a few more for her also.  A person can never have too many dishcloths.

Many of my fellow blogging knitting/crocheting buddies, make items for charities or gifts that they keep stored until needed.  What a wonderful idea, right?  This year, I would like to start a box in my craft room, to hold such items.  Dishcloths will be one of the items to go into the box.  I have not decided what other items will fill it, but will work on it throughout this year.

Winter has hit my neck of the woods!


This was my weather info when I got up this morning.  Don't any of you laugh at this.  I realize there are many of you in sub freezing temps.  But do you reach 115F in the summer?  It is all a matter of perspective.  We even had areas in the valley that got snow 2 days ago.  All I can think about when I see our temperatures this low is:  The bugs are going to DIE!  We have not had a good cold winter in 6 years!  Do you have any idea how many crickets, mosquitoes, sewer roaches, scorpions and spiders we have been dealing with?  It has not been pretty.

Yesterday, hubby and I went to a football bowl game.  It is the Play Station Fiesta Bowl in a neighboring town.  It was an early game (11 am) and since we tailgate with a crew of about 20, we needed to get up and moving early to meet them at 6:45am!  Needless to say, it was a bit chilly when we arrived to party with the gang.  I wore leggings, jeans, thermal shirt, blouse, coat, fingerless mitts, and a slouch hat.  I was still chilled to the bone by the time we returned home late afternoon.  We started at 37 degrees and only made it to 50 for the day.  BUT.......................I enjoyed the whole day with friends and family.  Take a look at where we were sitting.


Pretty good seats, huh.

All of our company left early this morning.  My home is quiet again.  My to do list is as long as a sheet of paper.  Yet, I am not panicked or worried about getting everything done all at once.  It will get done when it gets done.  I am going to enjoy my day and do what I can.  

I hope you all are healthy and enjoying your day also.

Until next time.............happy crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Hello, neighbor!

    In the general area, apparently! :-)

    Agree that we need a hard freeze, but wish Mother Nature hurry up! Heat pumps are not very effective below 40F degrees and I am cold even when wearing layers under my sweats after exercising in the morning. BRRRR! Such a hothouse flower these days! lol

    Looks like you had terrific seats at the Fiesta Bowl. Glad you enjoyed it!

    Wishing you a happy, healthy and productive 2019!

    Not sure how I linked to your blog a few weeks ago, but am glad I did! Thank you for sharing your crafting adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one year I am glad to have gas heat. I just know we will be griping about the hot weather in 6 months time. Guess we are never happy. Nice to meet another valley person. Glad you found my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah for happy quiet crafting time. Looks like you had good seats. When we tailgate for OSU football I hate the early starts.Hope you got warmed up. Agree you can't have too many washcloths.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, 34° weather. That would be super cold for us. We complain at the 40's which are once in a while. You are hardcore to sit outside at a football game in that cold. *claps* Great job on the dishcloth. My knitting has been a bit nonexistent lately. Paper is ruling my January.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.