YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Update

This YoP is going way too fast.  I looked at the calendar and realized that Christmas is only a few months away and I have not even begun to get all my projects going that are for then.  I think I might be in trouble.  But.........................I will continue to push and shove myself to see how far along I can get and if I don't complete all the presents I wanted to do for Christmas.......................then I will be at the local mall on Christmas Eve with all the rest of the crazies.

As for progress this week.  I have pictures of my little scarf.  I found it very difficult to get one where you could see the texture/pattern that I am doing.  So that is why a couple of them are so dark.

See....................it is dark but you can see the honeycomb, cable and see stitch if you really try.

This is a DK weight yarn.  It is self patterning which is probably not the best for this pattern but I just could not see myself doing 5 feet of stockinette pattern.

This yarn does split a bit so I have to be careful especially when doing the cables.  It also has wool in it so I can only work on it for so long before my nose, eyes and hands start to protest.

Seven inches done.  Only 53 more to go.  I do want you to notice my measuring stick........My hubby found this for me at a Lefties store in Seattle Washington.  I love it because I don't have to turn it all funny (for me) to measure my progress.

Don't know how much knitting I will get done today.  It is family day at my house.  We have swimming and cookout planned.  I am sure there will be some games played too.  So I need to go and get food ready for the troops.

Happy Crafting.

14 comments:

  1. Your pictures show the texture well and the yarn looks gorgeous! I find it easier to knit for Christmas once summer's over, and this weekend is the unofficial end of summer around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have started to think christmas too, wouldn't it be nice to be all smug the week before christmas knowing your work was done.....Your scarf looks lovely, the yarn is very pretty, but it certainly sounds like a labour of love, heres to hoping you can go double quick time and get it done soon save your hands, eyes and nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pattern on the scarf. I love the colours too. It will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is it about the honeycomb stitch that just makes me want to snuggle up with it? Your scarf is lovely and I can just see what is will ultimately become. Happy knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scarf looks awesome. Don't even want to think about Christmas. I didn't get to make many rounds last Sunday, so am enjoying my rounds even more this wk.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That looks lovely!

    I am also starting to think about Christmas although I am not sure what I am going to make yet or how it fits in with everything else I have planned :-/

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's so pretty! I hope the inches go swiftly and happily for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the pattern looks lovely - i really like the self-patterning yarn with it :)

    i've not even started thinking about christmas knitting either - i didn't even have any on my list though so might need to re-think that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really pretty, I love the colourway and especially the honeycomb cabling. Good luck with your Christmas knitting! I've started mine too :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the texture of the scarf. I'm the same way. Plain garter knitting makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I sure could see your pattern on your scarf and it is gorgeous--it will be snuggy warm when completed. I must say hat all this talk of Christmas knitting is starting to cause me to hyperventilate--I still need to get a child moved to college in a week!
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  12. The scarf is looking awesome and I love the pretty pink ruler. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am really loving the pattern on this scarf, it looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.