YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, February 7, 2011

It's getting smaller

I am so happy!  I finally got a hold of the person in charge of the prayer shawl ministry at the local church and she was thrilled with the thought of donated yarn for their ministry.  She has no idea what she is getting.  (teehee)  So hopefully tonight I will have the time and energy to go into the pit craft room and go through all of the yarn in there.  I want to get it bagged up and out of my house ASAP!  After it is all gone then I can start on the organization again. 

You see we got new furniture for our family room and that displaced some of my crafting organization.  So that lucky stuff is just sitting in the middle of my craft room making it very hard to maneuver in there.  So once I get the excess yarn out of there I will be able to put other things in the cubbies and straighten up the whole room and move the organizer into it's own lovely spot.

I love my craft room and can spend hours at a time in there.  Sometimes I even forget how long I am in there until my hubby comes in and tells me he is going to bed!  Then I realize I have been in there for up to 4-6 hours.

You see, I have it decorated just for me.  I have my stereo in there, my religious artwork to meditate on, my beading, sewing, knitting, crocheting and looming in there also.  I have a place in there where the dogs and cat can come in and join me for some quiet time.  (I also have my treadmill in there but am unable to use it as there is no space to open it up right now)  I have everything I need in there to make the place a nirvana for me.  I don't think anyone in my family totally understands how important this room is to me.  It is truly MINE!  I know where everything is and what everything in there is for.  I know how to work all the machines in there and love it when I can go from one creative craft to another.

Hopefully by the end of this week I will have more pictures for you to see of the lovely room.  But I will not guarantee that.  Seems like when I have that kind of a week planned something always happens and then I am called to do other things and my room once again gets put on hold. So if not this week, maybe next week.

I do know that I will have my grand daughter in the evenings for a few days this week as her daddy is out of town (he normally picks her up on his way home) and her mommy works too.  But she loves to help me in the craft room.  She is the one that put all the yarn in the cubbies for me to begin with.  Not bad for a 5 year old, huh!  She is just a tad OCD but that is great when I need someone helping me organize something.  I organized her room this weekend and she was so happy.  She usually has everything in its place all the time when she leaves but she has had some help lately messing things up and then when her "help" leaves she gets frustrated that she has to do all the picking up.  I don't blame her either.  So I told her that we will not let her "help" leave anymore with out picking everything up from now on.  She was so happy with that too.  (it is so easy to please a 5 year old!)

By the way, if you want to see some thing really amazing I would have you go to another favorite blog of mine that I follow all the time.  It is http://yarnharlot.ca/blog/ .  Look for her post dated 2/7/11.  I will have you know that I do not have any where near that kind of collection of supplies.  I am planning on showing that to my hubby tonight to let him know that things could get out of hand!  Crafting is a very addictive hobby.  But I guess it is better than other addictive behaviours.

Oh, and by the way.................the Superbowl was the perfect knitting TV show!  I got several rows on my socks done last night while watching the game.  And since I was not at home it was even better because I didn't have to answer a phone, walk the dog, make dinner, or be distracted by a hundred other "household" things.

Have a craft day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.