YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Update week?



Since I started this YoP a week or two late I have no idea what week I am on.  I think everyone else is on week 4 or is it 5.  Anyway I wanted to let you know how I did for the week.

I didn't think I was going to get much done this week.  It was not a wonderful week for our family.  I you don't follow my blog on a regular basis then you don't know that we had to put our Greyhound down this week.  He was very sick and it was so hard to see him go but we know he is no longer in pain.  That being said it was hard for me to concentrate on knitting when there is something like that going on.  I wanted to spend as much time as I could with the big fella so the knitting got put to the side for about 4 days.

I did make progress though, much to my surprise.  Here is a shot of the scarf on the tiles again so you can see how much longer it is.

Over 4 feet long now!  I only have to go to 6 feet and it will be done.  Oh, and the little thing in the picture is our newest addition to the family, Enrique.  Our other little dog was grieving something fierce so we had to do something for you.  He is still looking for his foster mom and whining alot but that is ok, he has only been here for 2 hours.

Several of you suggested I take a picture of the scarf outside in natural light.  So I did.

I hope you like it.  It is really really hot and humid out there!  But as you can see it is a lot brighter than the shots from in the nice cool low humidity house.

Thank you all for your comments.  It feels good just knowing someone is FINALLY reading my blog!

Happy Crafting!

7 comments:

  1. Your new additional to your family is so cute.

    Your scarf is growing nicely. And the photo outside is definitely better than the one inside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to read about your greyhound. I hope Enrique settles in smoothly and that he'll bring you much joy and happiness.

    Your scarf is lovely, that's such a beautiful cable. I hope you enjoy the last couple of feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. :(

    The scarf looks great. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful scarf, thank you for braving the humidity for the better pics (I'm located in FL, and I'm not sure I would have.)
    I'm sorry to hear about your greyhound and I hope Enrique adds lots of joy to your lives.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color is wonderful and great especially in the natural light! I'm so sorry to hear about your puppy =( it is always really hard

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear about your beloved greyhound. Do you know the story of the Rainbow Bridge - google it if you don't and I hope it brings you some comfort. Your new baby is so tiny - is it a chihuahua ?? You're doing well with your scarf considering what you've been through this week. The colour is beautiful and the pattern lovely. Hope this week is better for you. Hugs xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for your loss :( we have 3 dogs and you have to be an animal-owner to know how much they come to be a part of your family. it's very hard i am sure, but you did the right thing, in saving him from pain\suffering. your newest addition is incredibly cute and will smother you with LOADS of puppy kisses (and surprises!) and will lift your spirits! also, GORGEOUS scarf! Love the color!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.