YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, September 3, 2023

WEEK 10 Prayers needed!!!!!


Hey there!  Want to see what I did this week?

TA-DA!


 The Baby Blanket for our Great Granddaughter is completed!  I am so glad to have that off my lap.  It is a very warm blanket.  It is made with Pipsqueak yarn from Bernat.  So soft and squishy too.

Immediately, I cast on the next GGD knit.


Wee Sherlock is in progress.  This is usually a quick knit for me.  Unfortunately I have not had as much time to work on it as I would have liked.  Read on below to find out why.

On Wednesday I received a frantic call from Josie's mom.  She needed me to get over to their house ASAP.  I flew out the door and got the their house in record time.  My son had just received the results from his MRI and was totally freaking out.  Seems he has a brain tumor!  Not at all what any of us thought was going to show up.  So, now things start to get crazy.  I spent several hours with him as we waited for his wife and daughter to get home.  He was in a total state of shock as were most of us. Nothing could have been further from our minds, last Friday, when he went to get an MRI!.

Thursday we got the good news that Josie's car finally got fixed.  It was still under warranty so the repair was done for free!  I took Josh out to pick up the car which was 35 miles (one way) across town.  It was nice to have a one on one time with him so we could discuss his diagnosis and what he was planning on doing next.  

Friday I got another call from Josh (this is the one with the brain tumor) that he needed me to come and take him to pick up his MRI disc and get it to the Mayo clinic as he has an appointment on the 5th with the neuro-oncologist and also the neurosurgeon.  This was another 60 mile trip (one way).

We are blessed to have two excellent neurological centers here in the Phoenix area..  We have the Mayo Clinic and also Barrows Neurological Institute.  The Doctors at these two facilities are some of the best in the world.  Yes, we are blessed.

We would appreciate all prayers for Josh. Our other son (Jay) and his family are going through medical things too that I am helping out with.   With all that is going on, I do not know how often I will be with blogging. I will try and keep y'all updated as we are.  Not to mention, this blog is a wonderful outlet for me to express myself.

Until Next Time.................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I am so sorry your son and your family has to go through this. I have a friend that successfully treated brain cancer so I hope for the best for your son. (My friend shared that the MRI proved he did not have holes in his head - haha). How great that you have a Mayo clinic right in the same city. I'd have a 4 hour drive to Cleveland. Share when you can but will be praying for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no, I am sending all my thoughts and prayers to your son and the rest of your family.
    The baby knits are lovely and hopefully a useful distraction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Prayers for both of your sons. All of your projects look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marsha, I am so sorry to hear that! It is wonderful that you are all in the same town and that you have such good medical resources there.
    The baby items are just precious and the blanket does look so soft.
    I will be praying for Josh and your entire family.....hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will place Josh on my daily prayer list!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.