YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, August 13, 2023

WEEK 7 OF YOP 13

 


I'm back with some things for you to see and read.

First off, I have a FO (finished object)


Hubby's RCR (rose city roller) socks got completed Last Sunday evening.  And yes, he has already worn them.  

As for his second Car Sock:


I put a few rows on it.  Thirty more rows and I can put the heel in.  Probably won't be making another pair of long socks for a while.  They kind of seem to drag on forever.  Even in the winter here, we wear short socks 99% of the time.  Long socks are only worn when Mr wears pants to church.

Hubby's sister reminded me I had promised her, over a year ago, some socks.  Well then;


Let's get crackin' on doing those ASAP!  I have had this yarn in my stash for many years.  It is not a very soft yarn but will wear like iron.  She asked for short socks and since she lives in Colorado, I chose wool to help keep her toes a bit warm and dry during her cooler seasons.  I am not sure I will get to the part that has the multi-colors in it.  She has a small foot so may only get through the lighter blue segment.

The baby blanket is still in time out for a few more weeks.  I will need to get back to it though by the beginning of September.  The baby is due the first part of October.  I still want to make the baby sweater and hat too.  Guess I need to get those socks done and get busy on baby stuff.

I did work on my cross stitch again this week.  


Hopefully you can see the gold metallic accents on the white portion.  I did that as well as putting on the beads.  I know the beads do not make sense to you right now, but they will once I get to stitching down further on the pattern.

I managed to put in just about two hours total on this piece.  It is time consuming with all the color changes that happens all the time.

This weeks view:


Versus last weeks view:

Let me just tell you, white on white is tough.  There is a lot more of it to be done.  Luckily, with the way I have planned the progress out, it will be done in bits and pieces so as not to make me loony!

That covers all the crafting done for this week.  Hubby and I will be thankful when this coming week is over and done with.  This is the week we get our new roof put on!

Yesterday morning we were greeted at 6am by the gentleman with the roll-away trash bin.  We had to move our cars to the street so he could put the monster in our driveway.  This is where all the old roofing materials will be going on Monday.  Tuesday, the new felt and tiles will be laid and nailed down.  Wednesday, the solar panels will be replaced on the roof.  Hopefully we will not need to do this again in our lifetime.  It is kind of stressful trying to get everything coordinated plus working with an insurance company for payment...........well, it has been very hard especially on hubby since he has done most of the work.

After this, we will be getting our kitchen faucet replaced.  The old one has kind of worn out and all we get from the tap is hot water.  Luckily, we have a faucet that has a lifetime warranty so the replacement was FREE!  I was disappointed to see the faucet only lasted 8 years.  Not a great record.  The last one was over 20 years old!

I took my wedding rings into a jeweler this week.  I wanted them separated.  My left hand has severe arthritic changes in it and with the rings, when attached, were very wide and were rubbing and causing severe pain in-between my ring finger and pinky finger.  They were also way too big thanks to another jeweler who though he should oversize them incase my fingers swelled up with my RA.  He had them at a size 9 and I wear a 7.5!  They hardly ever stayed on without a ring guard infront of them.  I fought with those rings for over 3 years!  So, I looked for a jeweler in my area that was a privately owned place.  I believe in supporting local mom & pop type businesses when possible.  The jeweler I found is about 4 miles from my house.  When I walked in I immediately felt welcomed and comfortable.  The jeweler is about 3 years younger than my youngest child.  He also went to the same high school and took the same silver smith class my youngest did!  What a coincidence.  His prices are very good plus he custom designs jewelry.  I went in on Friday to pick up the pieces.  I was impressed as he had managed to etch my wedding band to match the etching that was already on it.  My diamond band was all polished and clean and VERY shiny.  Unfortunately, he made the wedding band a 7 instead of a 7.5.  I could get it on but it was a bit snugger than I thought was a good idea.  Because, my hands do swell at times and I like to be able to get my rings off if I see/feel that happening.  Hopefully, I will be getting the wedding band back sometime this week yet.

It took me 5 tries to get a photo without the light causing the stones to 'burn out'.  I am very happy to be able to wear my wedding jewelry again.  

I will leave you with a photo of what our life is like in the evenings while watching TV.


This is the dog who would not let my husband near him for almost a month after we adopted him!  Now they are best buds.

Until Next Time......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!




6 comments:

  1. Oh, those memories of having our roof replaced last year. Warning, you will find roofing nails in the yard for weeks!! Last year was our big outdoor redo year with new siding and a new roof plus replacing the driveway concrete and patching large sections of the blacktop driveway. This year has been easier with just some blacktop crack sealing, power washing and resealing the decks, and getting the deck doors replaced. Always something needs to be replaced/repaired in a 30 year old house!! I see hubby is wearing his socks in your photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it nice to get a refresh, resize on your wedding jewelry. I did mine a few years ago at a local jeweler also and it made a world of difference. My ring may not be the fanciest but it means the world to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz here, gorgeous pair of socks finished. Such pretty yarn you pick. Good luck with the roof, I imagine your blazing hot sun really damages the tiles. That sleeping dog pose is just too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great sock progress this week. I enjoy watching everyone’s cross stitch projects develop, I hope you make it through the white on white! You dog made me smile, he looks pretty relaxed there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The socks are great...love the variegated blue. I hope the roof week goes fast for you. I stopped wearing my rings with the RA. I gave them to my daughter as she is a jewelry lover and she would have inherited them eventually anyway.
    what a cute picture of the 2 "buddies". Oh, I love that sock yarn you are using for your SIL! Your cross stitch is going to be gorgeous when it's done. It does look complicated but beautiful.
    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had my rings cut off from arthritis many times and resized. I only wear my band usually and the set when I go to church or some kind of an event. I've been lucky that the treatment I'm on now my fingers are skinny and for that I am grateful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.