YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 5, 2023

WEEK 36 OF YEAR 12

 


Happy Sunday.  We finally have sunshine here after a wild week of rain and snow.  Although I didn't personally get snow at my house, there was snowfall about 20 minutes away from me.  That is quite unusual for us desert rats.  But, we got quite a bit of rain in the past week.  Flowers are blooming and trees are budding.  Spring is in the air here.  I know, you didn't come here to hear about Arizona weather.  Here is what happened with my needles and yarn this past week.

I got a text from my Granddaughter, Jaxon.  She had foot surgery about 2 weeks ago and was getting ready to go into a walking boot.  She asked if I could make her a comfy sock to wear in the boot.  I asked what color and she asked for yellow or green.  I find yellow to be such a happy color, I decided to go with it.


This sock is super thick and cushy.  I used Sweet Delight chunky from Hobby Lobby.  Of course I made an RCR sock as they are so easy to do and everyone seems to love them.  I made it in 3 days and delivered it to her on Friday.  Unfortunately, her foot is still too sore to put it on so we do not know if it will fit or not.  I told her I would not make the other one until I knew this one fit ok.  

Other than the slipper, I just worked on the lap blanket.


I am still enjoying working on this.  A lovely mindless project.  The small progress keeper in the orange row is where I was last Sunday.  Hopefully I will be able to get the yellow section completed this week and move onto the next orange one.  I am using Brava worsted from Knit Picks.  They had a sale on this yarn last year and I bought several colors to use for the prayer shawl ministry. This is the only knitting project I have going.  

That covers my week.  How is your week going?  Got anything new happening?

Until Next Time...................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



5 comments:

  1. What a great idea to have a thick comfy sock for the boot. I hope your granddaughter heals well. It has certainly been a weird year for winter weather. Zero rain here in SW Florida so lots of wild fires. That's a new thing for this midwesterner where wild fires are not a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz here..well I got confused, for a minute I thought I was reading Mary-Ann’s blog when I saw and read of snow! I was not expecting snow in Arizona. I hope your granddaughter’s foot heels well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That will be great for her foot...so cushy. I hope it fits her. Love the colors in that blanket!
    Yes, crazy weather every where.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I left you a comment...it's Sam....I hope you get it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I see the picture in the next post where Jaxon is wearing and loving the cushy sock you knit for her. How terrific is that!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.