YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 12, 2023

WEEK 37

 


Hi again!  I have made some progress on the lap blanket.  


Can you see the little progress keeper?  That is where I was last Sunday.  It is coming along.  After this orange stripe, I will add another yellow and then measure it.  There is the possibility I will add a third orange stripe if it is not long enough.  

The progress keeper in the above photo is new.  I just got it last week and was so happy to find it.  Here is a close up of it.


Isn't she cute?  This is Saint Rebecca the patroness of knitters!  Did any of you know knitters had a patron saint?  That Mr Google is just full of information like that LOL.

The lap blanket is the only project I am currently working on.  Although, I need to make another slipper for Jaxon.  She sent me this photo this week.


The yellow sock fits!  She said it is super comfy in her walking boot and really cushions her incisions.  So, I will probably cast that on in the next day or two.  Once the lap blanket and sock are done, I have decided to get back to making more gnomes.

I joined Imagine Landscapes Grimblewoods Collection Knitalong.  Although I am not actually knitting a long, I have purchased the patterns and will work on them at my leisure.  Hopefully they will help to use up some of those bits and bobs of fingering weight yarn I have hanging around.

GOOD NEWS!  I went to the ENT this week.  She did not need to put a tube in my ear as the fluid is leaving slowly but surely.  She figured it will be another 3 months for it to clear out all the way.  She also told me to go ahead and start back on my Enbrel as there was no more infection in my sinuses.  WOOHOO!  I went home and started my injections immediately!  The reason I had to discontinue my Enbrel is because it is an immunosuppressant.  If an infection starts Enbrel will make it harder for you body to fight it.  Most of the time it is not necessary to stop but because I had ruptured the eardrum and my sinuses were totally inflamed and impacted, I needed to quit so my body could fight.  

SAD NEWS!  We had to say goodbye to one of our the best friends ever.


Our sweet baby girl, Luna crossed the rainbow bridge early Friday morning.


She suffered an injury that would have required surgery.  Because of her health issues she had been suffering from for the past year, it was decided that the surgery was not going to be wise.  We knew the end was near for the past few months but I kept babying her so she could stay with us.  She had been with us for 12 years and was one of the best dogs we have had.  This decision is one of the hardest every.  This is the fourth time I have had to do it and it never gets easier.

So, now, Enrique is an only dog and will remain that way.  He has been showered with so much extra love the past few days.  All of our kids have come over to love on him and make sure mom and dad are handling the loss ok.  Enrique misses her and looks for her several times a day.  This morning is the first time he came out for breakfast and did not look to see if I was putting her bowl down for her.  It will take time for all of us to adjust.

And that, my friends, is all from me this week.

Until Next Time......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!


6 comments:

  1. I am so sorry for your loss. It is very hard even when you know it's the right thing to do for them. Snowbirding by renting makes it impossible to have a pet. There seems to be a patron saint for everything so I'm not surprised there is one for knitters. I do love your progress keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marsha, I'm so sorry that you've lost your dear Luna. She was well loved. Hugs to you. I'm glad you have good news about your ear and the medication you had to stop taking. I hope you are soon feeling the fluid in your ear gone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Breaks my heart to hear about Luna. Reminds me of Charlie, her neck injury...and having to let her go too. But we can all be grateful for the short time we were blessed with these sweet creatures. Hugs ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Marsha, I am so sad for you. I know how much you love your dogs and they are family. You are so right, it never gets easier. I bawled for days after losing Nitty and Annie. I still get choked up when I think of them and how much I miss them. But then there are the times when I remember their silly antics and it makes me smile with all the good memories I have of them. And poor Enrique, what must he think, although I think they understand more than we give them credit for. Of all weeks to be late reading the YOP posts.
    You are in my prayers to heal you heart and give you peace.
    I love your lap blanket and those gnomes are the cutest I've ever seen!
    Take care my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liz here…I’m so sorry about Luna, such a loving dog she seemed and I’m sure she loved the pampering and extra love since the accident. She had a lovely life I’m sure, and I hope Enrique is helping fill the hole Luna has left. I look forward to seeing new gnomes, I keep getting tempted and one day will make one or more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. God bless Luna and you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.