YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 12, 2023

WEEK 33 OF YOP 12

 


Hey there.  How is it going at your place?  It was busy here this week, especially in my crafting.

Here is my FO for the week.


Hubby's RCR socks are done and in his drawer.  I had a lot of down time this week so spent it all on his socks.  The last sock was completed last night.  So nice to have them completed.

As I was working on them, last week, I kept wondering what I would work on next.  I did not have anything really in mind.  Nothing was calling my name to make.  Then I got a text from my TX DIL asking if I would make 2 pair of fuzzy socks for some of the kids in their home.  Really?  How exciting to have a project thrown at me like that.  I contacted my knitting kindred spirit in Las Vegas to ask her if she had done anything like this and what yarn would she suggest.  She gave me some thoughts which helped.

I was out and about yesterday so dropped into my local Hobby Lobby to look at yarn.  I knew I did not want to knit socks with fake fur type yarn.  Too hard to do a heel turn with that.  But I wanted it to be soft with a bit of a halo.  I also wanted it to be a bulky yarn to be knit with a smaller than normal needle for warmth.

Ta Da:


One person wanted pink and the other wanted black or red.  Well, there was not any red soft fuzzy type yarn and this was the only 'black' fuzzy I could find.


I think it is going to be fun once it is knit up into a short sock.  Oh, ya, they both want the short RCR type sock.

So I cast on last night for the pink sock.


Surprise.....I am doing it magic loop this time.  I am loosely doing this pattern.  I went down to a size 6 needle as I knit looser in magic loop than on DPNs.  These are going to be super quick to knit.  They are half the number of stitches I normally cast on and grow quickly.  These will go with me today when I go to our TX family house for Superbowl.

Once these are completed, I have no clue what I will work on.  I figure I have a week or two to figure it out though.  Any thoughts?  Prayer shawl?  Cross Stitch?  Dishcloth?  Scrubbies?

Also, it is that time of year here in Arizona where our daytime temps are perfect and night time is chilly.  Perfect for the wild flowers in the neighborhood yarns to flourish.


These always give me so much pleasure to see.  They only last for a few weeks.  Yet, those weeks tell me spring is in the air.

Until Next Time.......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS:  My ear is still hard of hearing.  I have a massive sinus infection on the right side of my head.  Will know more in a couple of weeks when I go back to the ENT.  On medications to try and get this cleared up at the moment.

7 comments:

  1. Spring and Fall are my favorite times of the year. Love the blue sky in your picture. Wintering in Florida eliminates winter so I really can't complain as I only have about 2 months of hot, humid summer to deal with. It is so fun to knit things for people knowing they really want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blooms are beautiful!! And how exciting to get knitting requests at JUST THE RIGHT MOMENT!! I love when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your latest RCRs are gorgeous! Love that yarn. And I look forward to seeing the fuzzy socks when they're finished. I would never have thought one could knit socks with bulky yarn. My daylilies have broken through the ground. I'm thinking it's way too early for that in Indiana, but it's been so mild, I'm not exactly surprised. Those yellow flowers look wonderful and happy. I hope you get some answers and relief in your right ear, Marsha. That must be so frustrating, and worrisome. Is it painful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your ear and hearing...ouch!Sinus infections are no fun. Love the shorty socks and the yarns for making the others are so pretty. Those flowers are gorgeous! Glad you got a project going. I can't imagine you not knitting on something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hope you can hear soon!! lovely flowers, our daffodils are just starting to sprout, hopefully a frost doesn't kill them. Lovely knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your hubby's socks are great - I love the colour. The yarn purchased for the gift socks looks perfect, I can't wait to see them done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Liz here…the blue of those socks is lovely. Perfect timing for the request for fuzzy socks, I am behind so suspect on today’s post there’ll be news on whether you found another project to add to the mix.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.