YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 19, 2023

WEEK 34 OF YOP 12


 
Hello again.  Here is what happened this week.

The Rose City Roller bulky socks are completed.


These were a quick knit.  The yarn is Romantique from Hobby Lobby, in colorways Frosted Vanilla and Blush Pink.  I used a size 6 needle and knit them via magic loop.  If I had used DPNs I would have gone to a size 7 needle (US sizing).  I cast on 32 stitches and did a FLK heel.  The toe was decreased over 9 rows before doing the Kitchener stitch to close it.  I started the pink ones on the 10th and finished them on the 12th.  I cast on the grey pair immediately but it took me until the 17th to finish them.  (Stupid arthritis got in the way)

They were delivered to their recipients on the 17th and yesterday I received this photo:


The boy loves his!  Makes me happy to see they are being used.

After those were completed I knew I needed to work on something easy.  I also wanted to be able to us Portuguese style knitting 100% on what ever I choose.  My right wrist is super sore and swollen due to the fact I am not able to take my RA drugs until further notice!  Portuguese knitting (purling) is super easy on the hands and wrists and is pretty quick too.   I found the perfect pattern.  Purl Soho Super Easy Lap Blanket!  It is 100% garter stitch which means I can Portuguese purl the entire thing! The only modification I made to this is to only cast on 120 stitches.  Here is the start of it.


I will be using several different colors of yarn for this and it will go to the ministry at our church when completed.  It is the perfect no brainer knit and so nice on my joints.

I go back to the ENT this coming week.  Hopefully I will be given the green light to start back on my RA meds again.  I still am having hearing issues with the ear that was damaged.   After 21 days of antibiotics and 10 days of steroids, I do not think anything can still be 'growing' in there.  

Today will be my normal lazy Sunday.  I have a pork loin roast in the crock pot that will be shredded and turned into red chili.  There will be pinto beans cooked in the insta-pot to go with the chili.  Sour dough tortillas will be made this afternoon to go with the chili and beans.  There is still half a bowl of snickerdoodle dough left that will also be baked today.  Not a lot of heavy kitchen work other than making the tortillas.  Everything else is more or less easy peasy.

So, the above photo of my knitting is what I see when I look to my right.  When I look to my left I see this:


My little loves.

Until Next Time..........................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. I’m pleased you found a project that is kind to your hands. Hopefully things will improve once you’re back on your meds. Your cooking sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dinner sounds good. My hubby is making my favorite for today's dinner - roast pork loin with roasted veggies. We are starting the countdown to our return north so we need to start clearing out the freezer. Glad the slipper socks were a hit. Loving the bright yellow of your blanket. Congrats on learning a knitting technique that works with your RA!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz here! Those socks worked out great and seemed so quick, you are getting me tempted to give it a go with some random thick yarns I have. I hope your ear gets sorted and the Portuguese method sorts your wrist. I haven’t really used it since I did the course in 2019. Perhaps I’ll give that a go. I don’t know what an insta-pot is…I shall have a wee google.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch about the RA!!! I wonder why they made you stop taking the Enbrel? Did you have a reaction? It's been around for years not that it doesn't have plenty of warnings but I never had a problem and I took it for years. Do you have to take Methotrexate with it? I quit that medicine after awhile....not good for your liver. Of course, none of it is. I hope you feel better soon. Thanks for the info about the portugese knitting and also the pattern. You're in my prayers!
    The fuzzy slippers are adorable and your "little loves" too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooooh... any kind of meat in the crockpot sounds heavenly. I've never used a pork roast in chili, but shredded pork with pepperoncinis is a favorite here. The slippers look very cozy. It's nice you were sent a picture. I've been sending my sons pictures of me using the things they gave me for Christmas. I hope it makes them smile. I'm sorry your RA is flaring up. I can only imagine how much you want to go back on the medicine. That stuff was wonderful to hear you tell of it. Speaking of hearing, I do hope yours clears up soon. I hope you have a very good weekend, Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That doesn't sound lazy to me! Just tasty! I hope you can return to normal meds soon and the ear gets sorted. And I hope the blanket was just the tonic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.