YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, August 4, 2019

YOP WEEK 5



Happy Sunday everyone.  It is once again time to take a look at my crafting week and also a few 'real life' happenings from the past week.

I have finished objects this week.  Strike up the band!


Hubby's RCR socks are off the needles and he has already worn them.  What a fun sock to make.  This time I used a heel flap and they actually are no show in his tennis shoes.  He also is happy with the fact they do not slip down while walking.  Win, Win!

The other finish is.......................drum roll please................................


The baby blanket!  I got it off the needles yesterday morning and immediately wove in all the ends.  It is now folded nicely with the rest of the baby items and will be mailed to the expectant parents as soon as I find a box to fit it all into.  That was over 500 yards out of my stash for this blanket!

Of course, once I finished the blanket I was itching to cast on something right away.  All I knew is I wanted something that did not sit on my lap.  UGH!!!!!  That blanket nearly did me in this past month.  I still have my cardi to work on but, it lays on my lap.  It will need to be in time out until the weather backs off the 110 plus days.  Even with the A/C on, it is still too much.  And now, we have humidity to go with the heat so, nope, there needs to be something small to work on.

Hello RCR socks!  (Rose City Roller)  Since hubby is so in love with them and I have a plethora of sock yarn in my stash.......................



These were cast on yesterday afternoon, just before we left for Mass.  I managed to do 6 rows on each sock before we left.  It was several hours later before we were home.  (We always go out to eat after Mass, with friends) Once home, I picked them up again and worked on them while watching a couple of our recorded shows. They are now ready for me to do the heel flap on them.  Once again I am using Diversity self striping yarn.  Doing them concurrently makes it seem like they are done quicker.

So this is how the list looks this week:

YOP 9 GOALS

Finish Boxy Sweater started in 2015

Finish Eva Shawl started in 2011

Finish Forrest Path Shawl started in 2018

Summer Top for me
  Spotting Clouds ( this time with fingering yarn )

Cardigan for me
  It Really Fits  Cardigan 7/1

Short Socks
  Rose City Roller 7/4>7/31
  Rose City Roller  8/3

Regular Socks

Project bags/totes

Market bags

Produce Bags

Tissue Box Covers

Plastic Canvas Nativity bought in 2009  7/17

Bookmarks

Shawls for both Prayer Shawl and Personal

Blanket/Throw
  Polly Plum Squares
  Baby Blanket  7/12>8/3


Dishcloths
  DW Pattern (no longer available online!)

Doilies/Table Runners

Baby Items
Wee Sherlock  7/2>7/9
Little Boy Blue  7/10>7/10
Easy-Peasy No Sew, Stay On Baby Booties  7/11>7/12

Purchase of yarn is prohibited!!!!!  I have over 21,000 miles of yarn to play with this year.  (38,481,140 yards)

Any other project that falls into my lap.

That is all the crafting news for the week........on to life

Hubby came home from Vegas Tuesday.  He and his brother did make a game plan for the house.  Now it is up to the brother to get it put into place.  I was glad to have my husband back home.  

Our local Grand Daughter celebrated her 14th bday this week.  We did our traditional celebration at Organ Stop Pizza.  We have gone there every year since she was born.  It houses the worlds largest Wurlitzer pipe organ.  The people that play it are phenomenal!  Here is a photo of the organ itself.
Image result for organ stop pizza
This is only half of the pipes and other fun items that this organ works with.  There are actual horns, cymbals, drums, xylophone etc.  It is such a fun time.

The only other main event this past week was me TRYING to make bread the old fashioned way.  The dough turned out great.  It rose perfectly but someone had they fingers on the wrong keys when they typed in the temp for cooking the bread.  The recipe calls for 450F!  Dude!!!!!!!!!!  I had 2 door stops when I took it out of the oven.  How about 350F!  As much baking as I do, you would think I would have caught that little detail.  Nope, missed it.  So this week, I will once again make that recipe but change the baking temp.  I really enjoyed the process of kneading and rising and all that.  It is also a recipe that is half white bread flour and half spelt flour.  I even added some milled flax seed to it for some extra nutritional value.  Fingers crossed it will work out the next time.

That is all for today.  To see what other YOPers are up to click on this link.

Until Next Time..............Happy Crafting!!!!!

10 comments:

  1. so glad your husband is knit worthy. Those socks are so great and I can't wait to cast on some once my arm is better. The blanket is lovely and a very lucky baby who will receive it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome pizza place that looks like. I am picky about my pizzas and would rather make my own. Love the purples in your Rose City Rollers; purple's one of the colors my eyeballs always gravitates to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful socks! I, for one, would like to know what the secret is to no-show, no-slip socks. Not that I imagine I'll ever be a sock knitter, but I can't seem to buy any that are both (no-show and no-slip). What to look for?!? The baby blanket looks so squishy soft. Yay for a great finish! Organ Stop Pizza sounds like a similar place (Paramount Music Palace) that used to be in Indianapolis. It was a great experience. If I recall correctly, the food was fine, but the organ show was unforgettable! How fun that that is your granddaughter's birthday tradition. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The RCR socks and your baby blanket are both beautiful. That's nifty that your husband appreciates your creations too. Happy Birthday to your GD!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those socks! I need to make some as those are what I wear in the summer. What type of yarn do you use? Wool or cotton or acrylic? I need to catch up with your past posts. the baby blanket is gorgeous and look so soft..is it chenille?
    Happy 14th birthday to your granddaughter! What a fun tradition at Organ Stop Pizza. Glad your hubby is back safe and sound.
    Don't feel bad about the bread...I used a recipe that called for a tablespoon of salt....duh! I should have known better but I didn't!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the socks, I do love the rrc pattern. The pizza restaurant looks brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have started a pair of RCR but after the stockinette section have switched to HES heel, I’m hoping they won’t slip with me making a change. Your husband’s look great, I do love those yarn colours. Congratulations on the baby blanket too! Respect to anyone who attempts to make their own bread, I love fresh bread.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marsha :) Oh the socks!!! Drum roll...the blanket looks great!!! Oh no, sorry about your door stops lol..sorry for giggling! Actually my "no knead" bread cooks at 450 for an hour! But that's with regular flour, not that I have any clue how that makes a difference!

    ReplyDelete
  9. beautiful socks and how nice you have family that live near by. I'd like to say it's one of my life's goals but I cannot achieve that goal unless a kid moves near me... I am almost done with a baby blanket over here. I've enjoyed knitting it immensely!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marsha! Congrats on getting all those baby items done. What a lucky couple those parents are to received such a special package for their baby. And your Granddaughter is 14! Don't you just shake your head and wonder where the time is going? You totally brought to mind a pizza place we used to have up here with a huge pipe organ--it was called Pizza and Pipes! I had not thought of that place in years as it has been gone a very long time. My first Grandy, Adelaide, will be 10 this year and I am not sure my heart can handle that!
    It sounds like you have dived right in are taking the bull by the horns concerning your husband and dietary issue-- I am finding tackling these health issues time consuming but so necessary and worth it in the end.

    I think I should look in to that Rose City Roller pattern--it's so cute!

    Stay cool my friend! Those temps are insane-- my daughter's place in Eastern Washington is hitting the low 100's and they do not have central air! She posted photos on Instagram yesterday of them camped out by the city pool all day!

    xoxo

    PS: to answer your question--I do not have a pattern picked out for my new Juniper Moon Farm yarn I received yesterday. Suggestions?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.