YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 24, 2019

WEEK 35


I never thought my YOP update header would be of a snowman in February.  But with the crazy weather we have had this week.............there was over 40" of snow 200 miles north of us.  Our mountains to the east of us are covered with the white stuff.  That is not normal.  The snow level dropped to 1500 feet this week.  That is super low here.  Scottsdale got snow and that is only a few miles from where we live!  Yes, I have lived here long enough to have seen snow in our neighborhood.  NEVER in February though.


Image result for superstition mountains snow 2019

This is what I see as I am heading east on the roads here.  Isn't that just gorgeous?  It will all be gone by the end of the week.  Well, that area will.  Our ski resort said they will have ski season through spring break next month!  WOOHOO!  I think our drought is starting to wane.  We received over 2" of rain in 24 hours.  Everything was all nice and clean after that.

So now that you have all that info, let's talk crafting news.

I have FO's to show.


The socks are done.  Love this yarn so much.  WEBS is closing it out so I purchased 10 more skeins of different colors.  Hubby also loves the feel of this fiber so he picked out a couple of colors too.  These are my happy socks.  The colors make me smile.

A tissue box cover.  I found Lion's Brand Mandala in DK weight and thought I would give this pattern a try.  It is crocheted and worked up fairly quickly.  I had seen these on another blog and really liked it.  She used scraps of different colors and they were spectacular.  The next ones I make will be done that way.  This one is a bit boring for my taste.

Since it is the last Sunday of the month, it is dishcloth time.


Six more cloths were made this month.  As you can see, I am using up all my bits and pieces of cotton yarn to make these.  I do have plenty of whole skeins of cotton but did not want to let these pieces go to waste.  Next month I will be using "real" skeins for them.

That is all for the FO's.  I am still working on my Summer Flies shawl.


I so wish photos would do this yarn justice.  It has a metallic thread running all the way through it.  Last week I had just finished the first round of lace butterflies which was section 2.  I am on the 5th section of the pattern now.  I hope this thing is going to grow quickly.  As of right now, it would fit an American Girl doll!  I am a bit larger than that!  There are only 3 more sections to do before it is completed.  There may be some added rows if it looks like it is going to be skimpy.

That is all for today's crafting.  This past week, I did purchase a Cricut Maker.  There has been some playing with it and I am loving what it does.  Card making will be taken to a whole new lever as well as some sewing and decorating ideas I have.

Yesterday, our daughter and son in law took us to the local Italian Festival.  My hubby is 1/2 Italian so we thought it would be fun to go and have a look.  WOW!!!!!!  So many people crammed into a 2 block area.  We made it for about 2.5 hours and then left to go and have a nice quiet Italian dinner at our favorite family owned Italian restaurant.  It was a perfect end to the day.  

The rest of today will be spent lounging around.  I have cooked so much food this week, we are just doing leftovers tonight for dinner.  

Until next time...............Happy Crafting!!!!!!

9 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of snow! And what a beautiful view to drive with. Your Summer Flies is beautiful. And your socks are so fun! I'm glad for you that you were able to buy a bunch of the yarn before it was gone. Reading that I had to go check out the Webbs site and see what else they might have in the closeout bin. After I got in there, I remembered I do NOT need any yarn. I backed out before I bought anything. Whew.

    I think your tissue box cover is cute. Cam't wait to see it made up in a way you'll like better. Your dishcloths are so pretty and colorful. I hope you don't mind me tagging along on your monthly dishcloth theme. It's a great way to use up my vast hoard of kitchen cotton.

    And lastly... What fun your Italian day sounds like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The weather is all upside down, the west coast of Scotland was 17C and yet there was snow in Greece!?! I love a snow capped mountain view, but there’s very little snow left on our mountains and the ski slopes are closed. I love these little dish clothes and definitely this pattern you use is on my list. Those socks are so fun! I’d be walking around in bare feet for the flash of pink toes. Perhaps we can see a close up of your shawl next week and that’ll help us see the yarn and patterns. You have me looking at my tissue boxes and thinking I should make covers,,,so many projects so little time. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the socks Marsha, they are indeed happy socks! Summer Flies is coming along nicely. The weather really is all over the place isn't it! Today here in Ireland the sun is out and it's warm enough to think it's early May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The socks are such fun bright cheery colors. Hope the shawl grows for you with only 3 sections left it does look small. Had to laugh when you said American Girl, lol. Love all the mix and match in your cotton washcloths. Italian festival sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i saw on the news that Arizona was having "unusual" weather...aren't we all anymore? Those socks are delightful! I like the colors and the varying widths of the stripes. I wonder if there's any left? What brand is it? Your shawl is lovely and I have got to get busy on washcloths too. I love your 'scrappy' ones. I'm going to try that with leftover yarns that I have. I am on my 4th of 5 tissue covers and it is fun and easy. Great photo of your mountains in white. Have a great week! The only way I get good Italian food around here is if I make it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I clicked on your pictures to make them big and wow! Love all the colors. The socks truly are happy and the Summer Flies is soothing and feminine -- fun pattern too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And I thought I had a lot of snow! lol. I love the Summer Flies (maybe king winter will take a hint and fly away!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the socks and the dishcloths are fab as always!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Italian fair sounds fun. And what beautiful, snow-covered mountains.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.