YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, October 5, 2014

YoP year 4 week 14


Another week gone and another month out of the way.  That is the way I think about it now.  Looking forward to retirement in about 8 months so I can spend more time playing with my fiber and enjoying life to the fullest.

But I did make some progress this week.

The baby blanket has grown quite a bit.  I still need to do more on it to get it to the size I want.  The lady I got the pattern from says she makes them square.  I like rectangle ones so I will be knitting on this a while longer yet.

One slipper is done.  LOL  It is in Green Bay Packer colors for the person that got the afghan last year.  I am going to put a pom pom on these as she doesn't have kitties that will eat them.

Other than those two items, I have not worked on anything else this week.  Work has been a bit crazy.  We are working overtime at this point in time to get the data re-entered that was lost when our computers crashed 2 months ago.  Supposedly the recovery lab said they would be able to recover all the data but after 2 months, we have lost faith in them and are doing by hand.  We lost a years worth of data, so you can imagine how long this is going to take to get it all entered back in.  Right now, our goal is to get everything from April through July of this year entered and then we will worry about the other stuff as we go along.

So instead of having 2-3 hours a night to work on my crafts, I have been cut down to 1 hour a night.  The weekend is pretty well shot too.  I do my grocery shopping and menu planning and church on one day and then do laundry and general housework on the other day.  Doesn't leave a lot of knitting/crocheting time.

The good new is............................I am planning a road trip in a couple of weeks.  So I will have lots of time in the car to work on crafty stuff.  I will probably do dishcloths and socks on the trip.  They are small projects and I can take them with me as we go from place to place on our trip.

So here is what my list looks like today and happy crafting!

YoP 4 List
New items to do

Slippers
(These make the best Christmas gifts and my entire family said they need new ones)
7.5 PAIR COMPLETED, 2.5 MORE TO DO BEFORE CHRISTMAS


WIP's to complete

Log Cabin Blanket
(This has been in my WIP pile for about 3 years now.  It needs to leave it)
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

Yearly projects I do anyway

12 dishcloths 
( These also make such nice Christmas gifts and are quick and fun to do)
SIX COMPLETED 10/5/14

Socks
( I love doing them and can not say how many pairs I will complete but need to do some)

Things to increase my skills

2-3 test knits/crochet
(I have done a few of these over the past year and loved doing them.  They totally test my skills as a crafter and help me branch out into areas I would never ever think of going)
   
Personal Goal

Use only the yarn from my stash for all the above projects.
( I am truly going to try NOT to purchase any more yarn this year.  I have already gone 4 months without buying any yarn and I figure I can continue that trend for at least another 12 months.)
NO YARN BOUGHT AS OF 10/05/14

Take photos of ALL items when done.
(I have a habit of gifting items and never photographing them for my blog)
YUP, SO FAR AS OF 10/05/14

COMPLETED ITEMS
Lapghan for my mom
(I started on this on July 1st since this is when the official YoP 4 started)
FINISHED 7/6/14

2-3 Doll Clothes
(I really want to get this done this year......I really do)
ALL FINISHED BY 7/22/14

1 fingerless mitt
( This is for a Christmas gift this year so it WILL be done soon)
FINISHED 8/12/14

One sock
(This also needs to be done for Christmas.  It's been lingering around for 6 months)
COMPLETED 9/27/14

5 comments:

  1. Bummer to the cut down in crafting time and recovering all that data doesn't sound like much fun either, no wonder your looking forward to retirement in 8 months time, you won't know yourself having so much free time. I prefer rectangle baby blankets also, I always feel the baby will get more use out of them as they grow so to speak. Road tripping sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no all the data entry sounds horrible. Love the slipper though and here's to a great road trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh... Data entry. Not my fave
    Nice looks projects though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how the busy goes....that really sucks about the lost data...and my craft time tends to be on the weekends....hope you'll be back to crafting a lot soon...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhh Packer colors! I'll forgive you though, they have a tendency to kick Minnesota's butt. I wonder if any Vikings fans back home would like something like those slippers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.