YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

More crafty news

Ok, so I started my magic loop sock class last Tuesday. I got to have that private session and it was wonderful. I learned a new way to cast on for socks (not sure I have the hang of it yet) and a new way to increase the toe of the sock. So my homework assignment was to complete the socks from the toe to the point where it would be the middle of the ankle bone. Well.................if I was only doing one sock like most of the class is I would have been there in a couple of days. But since I am an over acheiver, and doing 2 socks at the same time I am having a bit of a crunch time trying to get there. I am about 3.5 inches away from the place I need to be. I managed to put on 2.5 inches last night in 3 hours. Tonight I will not have the amount of time to work on them and of course the class is Thursday about an hour after I get home from work. SO I think I will be carrying the socks with me to Mass tonight and will work on them before Mass and then again after mass while we are eating dinner. I should be able to get a couple of inches done on them and then be able to do the other 1.5 inches tomorrow night after work before class.

See this is what happens when you have an out of town conference to go to when you have homework to be done. I was able to work on them on the plane trip (which was only 1 hour each way) and for about an hour each morning while waiting for my boss to get ready to go to classes.

This week I do believe we are going to be learning how to turn a heel without having to go back and forth but continue in the round. It looks interesting and kind of scary too as after we get it done we actually cut the sock! Will let you know if I mess it up too bad. LOL

As for the conference..........it was really great. I learned so much "stuff" and found out lots of new things that we can be doing in our practice. Can't wait to start implementing some of it.

In the evenings we had a great time just sitting around a slot machine and people watching. There are some really strange creatures on the main strip in Vegas! Must be why we normally stay more in the Henderson area. People there are so much more 'normal'!

We came back with more money than we started with so that means we were winners for a change! But not I have to get rid of those 3 pesky pounds that I found up there. Oh well............it was worth it.

So now I am back to work and life is back to normal or as normal as it ever is.

Have a great week and will let you all know how the sock class comes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.