Another week has ended. It was a grand week with lots of things happening both in life and in my crafting world. Here is a run down of the week..................
Last Sunday - I finished the cream colored To The Point Shawl. It is waiting for the label and medal to be sewn on to it. Then it will go to my Parish's prayer shawl ministry closet for distribution. It was also our youngest grandson's 23rd birthday. How quickly they grow up.
Monday - I got my cross stitch all set up and was able to give it love throughout the week.
It may not look like much got accomplished but the speckled areas you see took me several hours to do. A very slow process but the finished produce will be well worth it. I do like the sitting frame holder. Having both hands free to work the needle is a big help.
Tuesday - This was medical day for me. I had two blood tests plus an carotid ultrasound. That pretty much ate up most of my morning and early afternoon.
Wednesday - This was kitchen day. I got my sourdough back out and revived it. I made a loaf of bread and a pan of crackers with it. Later that day, I made some soft serve vanilla ice cream using my homemade vanilla. It has such a better flavor than store bought stuff. I had to take my mom's mantle clock to the clock repair shop. It would chime but would not keep time. The gentleman there asked me if I wanted it to keep time or to chime! I looked at him like he had lost his mind. BOTH! He tells me it costs more for both. What good is a mantle clock that does not tell time or chime! UGH! It will be a couple of weeks before it comes back to me.
Thursday - I went back over to Stacie's and picked up the rocking chair I had rocked Josh in when he was a baby. They had used it to rock Josie in too. It has been restored and is waiting at my house for the next wee one to come along. Hopefully that is a few years away yet. My husband noticed my sock needles were empty and came to me with 2 socks that needed a new mate.
They are both started. As I was looking at the good sock that matches the blue yarn, I noticed the heel in it was VERY thread bare. So will go ahead and make a complete pair out of the blue. This is the one time I am glad I over stock on yarn I like. Then I have it available when needed.
But wait.............there's more! I needed something else to work on as I only have 8 WIP's at the moment. So, let's start another prayer shawl.
I have had this yarn in my stash for over 10 years. It is time it got put to use. Too bad you can not see the little time sparkles that are throughout the yarn. It is so pretty.
Friday - I delivered and table and lamp to our son and DIL.
This had belonged to my mom also. The table is so cute and sorry I didn't get a better shot of it. But it has a drawer on either end of the table. Tiff was so excited for it and is going to use it in her 'she shed' room.
This was also grocery shopping day. It took me all of about 15 minutes to complete my shopping and check out. I like that kind of shopping.
If you follow the news, you now we have some really horrid temps right now. Well over 110F. So, I decided it was time to quit growing out my hair (which was not working well anyway) and get it cut a bit.
AHHHHH...............much better and so much cooler! The gray is really showing up now. Someday it will be 'platinum' all over.
Saturday - I managed to work on all my knit and crochet items. The baby hat is still in progress.
I still need another inch on it before starting the crown. It should be done this coming week.
Today I am doing laundry and want to bake up some scones and make some belgian waffles for us.
I so have a chuckle for you this week.









No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.