YOP LIST 2024-2025

Sunday, September 29, 2024

WEEK 13

 


I am going to keep using the above header in hopes the weather here will get the hint.  Yesterday it was 117F here! (47C)  All of us desert rats are getting a bit tired of these ridiculous temperatures.  My calendar says autumn yet the temperatures scream summer.  YUCK!

Now, that I have that off my chest, let me take you on my crafting journey from last week.

I finished the puzzle!


The water was the hardest part to put together.  Once finished I had 2 extra puzzle pieces.  I hung onto them.  I got this puzzle along with about 10 more from some friends.  Not sure if the extra pieces could be from other puzzles or not.  But, just in case, I have them at the ready.

Another puzzle was started.  This one is brand new and I am really enjoying it.


The pieces are not 'normal' shaped puzzle pieces which makes this a bit challenging.  


Here is what it will look like when completed.  Hubby and I picked up 5 of these type puzzles from Costco a few weeks back.  I like their 'old fashion' feel to the pictures.

There was yarn play this week too.


Mehujaa saw a lot of love this past week.



The first skein of yarn is just about depleted.  There are 102 rows worked and another 152 rows left!  Each right side row gains 4 stitches.  It will end up with 483 stitches when I bind off.  Those 'stripes' will become narrower and narrower as I get closer to the bottom of the shawl.  This is such a joy to do.  The yarn is very soft and fuzzy.

Josie asked me to make her tattoo artist a baby sweater and hat.  The artist is due in December and is having a boy.  Josie's other grandma made a baby blanket for her and had plenty of leftover yarn for me to use for the sweater outfit.


This was cast on Friday evening.  Once again I am making the Wee Sherlock sweater.  The yarn is Hobby Lobby Baby Bee Sweet Delight Wrap in the colorway Softly.  I had never used this yarn before but will be using it again.  It is a DK weight so I am making a 3-6 month size to get a newborn measurement.  This is so incredibly soft!  My only complaint....It is hard to see the cable due to the variegation of the yarn.


See?  Even close up, it is hard to see.  It does show up better in person though.  I have already been asked, by Josie, to do another sweater set for another friend's baby who will make it's appearance in June of 2025.  Since the baby will not need a sweater for about 6 months, I will be making a much bigger size of the Wee Sherlock.  She is going to find out gender and once that is revealed I will purchase the yarn and get going on it. 

Here is how the rest of my week went.

Monday - Saw my Cardiologist and got good news.  The echo on my heart showed it is 100% normal.  No abnormalities.  I explained my angst about my other Dr's not receiving requested information from her.  Found out there is a glitch in the practice's email system.  Also, she was shocked that I had not been give appointments for other tests to be done by her office.  Needless to say, her staff got a piece of her mind before I left.

Tuesday - Spent most of the morning getting a  medical bill straightened out.  I kept getting billed for my emergency room visit and my insurance paid it over 2 months ago!  After multiple phone calls, my insurance is going to contact the facility and get it handled.  I got to go and visit Thor for a few hours.  I hadn't been over to see that sweet dog for sometime.  He was very happy to have me there.

Wednesday - Josh came home from Seattle and I got the honor of picking him up from the airport.  It was nice to have the drive home to be able to talk to him one on one.

Thursday - Took the day to really get a good cleaning on my kitchen.  Next month is when I totally tear the kitchen apart, polish my granite countertops, clean all the outsides of my cabinets, polish appliances, vacuum all crumbs out of drawers and declutter things that are not used or are of no use to me.  This cleaning was just a precursor of that event.  I went to our weekly Adoration alone as hubby was still in quarantine.

Friday - Grocery shopping alone (hubby still stuck home).  Spent the rest of the day in the kitchen that I had just cleaned.  I made two batches of sourdough crackers, a cucumber salad, a batch of sourdough bar cookies, a loaf of bread in the bread machine and put baby back ribs in the woodfire oven to smoke.  Josie dropped by with the baby yarn and stayed for a little visit.

Saturday - I was so tired from the week of activities but I still helped hubby clean half of the house.  I sanitized the bathrooms really well too.  I also baked the sourdough bar cookies.


They are so yummy.  This will be my contribution to today's family day BBQ.  They have chocolate chips, coconut and cinnamon in them.  So much easier than making individual cookies!

Today -  Hubby is out of quarantine!  We got up early and went to 7am Mass.  Now we are kicking back and watching a bit of golf and NFL football before we head to Jay and Tiffany's for a family day BBQ.

Jaxon news...............her leg is still in healing mode.  The wound vac has been removed and now they are doing wet to dry dressings on it.  It is still too large to do a skin graft so that is being postponed for another few weeks.  It does look like she will be going in to have the 'plastic skin' removed and replaced with new 'plastic skin'.  This will be done under general anesthesia.  Not sure when this is happening but within the next couple of weeks.

Hubby is happy to be out of quarantine.  He was getting a bit of cabin fever.  His cough is only once or twice a day now.  I moved back into our bedroom last night.  It was glorious to be in my bed again.  I was blessed not to catch his germs!

That is all for today.  If you made it this far you need to be rewarded with my chuckle for the week.  I can totally relate to this too.  This should be placed inside the door I exit when going out and about!


Until Next Time.............................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!





3 comments:

  1. Great news on so many fronts for you:) We are also so tired of the excessive heat in Vegas. This seems to be the hottest year we can remember and we have lived her almost 30 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the color of you Mehujaa! It's going to be a beautiful project. Glad hubby is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colorway is beautiful for the sweater set but agree it masks the cable. It still will be treasured. I love the idea that it matches the blanket too. The shawl pattern is quite beautiful. Too bad I just don't wear shawls so I don't knit them anymore. Glad you got some precious 1 on 1 time with your son. So glad your heart is fine. We went through additional testig with hubby because the GP "heard something". I'm glad she was proactive and I'm glad it turned out to be normal valve noise for a 77 year old heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.