YOP LIST 2024-2025

Sunday, September 8, 2024

WEEK 10

 


Every time I use the above photo for my blog post, I can hear Otis Redding singing "Sittin' on the Dock of the Bay".  And it will be on repeat for several hours after I finish posting.  Well, if that doesn't scream my age, nothing does LOL.  

So, crafting this week was a bit better than last week.  Take a gander.


To The Point shawl was finished up in the wee hours of Friday morning.  This is number 42.  I have 2 more colors of this yarn (knit picks brava).  If I decide to make more of these shawls, when those colors are used, I will need to acquire more yarn!  Gasp!!!  When I do acquire more, I will return to Caron Simply Soft yarn.  It glides through my fingers smoothly and is much softer than any other acrylic I have used.  It also drapes perfectly for this shawl.  I know many people refuse to use it and call it naughty names.  Yet, for this project, it is 100% perfect.  


I finally got a few hours to work on my cross stitch.  Darn near have this little section completed and then will keep on moving to the next 300 stitch area.  My dream is to spend my spare time today working on this.  


Ah, the puzzle.  I was at a total stand still with this puzzle, last week.  Yet, yesterday, I sat down with it and picked a feature to try and work.  I was able to piece some of the middle section together but now am at a stand still again.  This one is a bit harder than I thought.  It will be pretty when completed though.  If I get bored of my xs, I will work on this.

I still have my Rose City Roller sock on the needles.  It is sitting right next to me giving me a side eyed look.  I think about picking it up and putting some rows on it and then decide not to.  It is more of my 'take along' project when I head up to the hospital to see Jaxon.

Speaking of Jaxon, she is doing remarkably well.  She has had 2 surgeries and should be doing the third one tomorrow.  The first was to debride the area of necrosis, remove the hematoma, place the wound vac and let the healing begin.  Her second one was another minor debridement, reapplying the wound vac, putting in some growth stimulating powder, removing some sutures on other areas of her leg and letting the healing continue.  She is up and walking without much assistance.  The surgeons are happy with what they saw when they cleaned out the wound.  There is good pink tissue and uninjured muscles all around it.  YAY!

They did find a small brain bleed when doing an MRI of her head.  It is quite small and they are not concerned about it at this time.  She is not exhibiting any symptoms other than periodical headaches.  But then, she has always had those, even before the accident.

We still don't know how much longer she will be in the hospital.  She had a good discussion with her main surgeon and expressed the fact she did not want to go home with a wound vac attached to her.  Can't say as I blame her for that.  Even though Josie's mom does wound vacs daily at her work, Jaxon would rather not need to have Aunt Stacie coming by every couple of day to deal with it.

The other medical news is Josh.  He had another MRI this past week.  His radiation necrosis is dissipating YAY!  But, he has a 'glowing spot' that has grown a wee bitt since his MRI a month ago.  They will be keeping an eye on that area to see how fast it grows and whether  or not a biopsy or surgery should be considered.  At this time they are calling him 'stable'.  He is at his 18 month marker since symptoms appeared and one year since his diagnosis.  We are all aware his cancer is terminal.  We also know what the median survival rate is and we take each day with him as a gift.  Don't let a day go by you do not tell your loved ones you love them.  And say the words!  I LOVE YOU!  Hearing those three words each day are the highlight of my day.

I want to thank everyone of you for all the kind words, prayers, positive thoughts and just understanding.  This past year has not been easy but we are managing.  Life is not always pretty, as most of you know.  But, if you try hard enough, you can always find a reason to smile.  And with that being said.............................

How about some humor.............................



Until Next Time.......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. What welcome and wonderful medical news you received this week. I pray for continued good news for you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your strength as you cope with the medical challenges of your family is inspiring. So true to treasure every day. I hope your crafting gives you some peace and pleasure. Glad Jaxon is progressing well and Josh is maybe getting some relief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That’s good news to hear Jaxon is recovering well and things are going in the right direction. You’ve had such quality time as a family and all seem so close and loving. Something I’ve not really had and I’m sure others haven’t either. It seems so cruel that all these trials have happened to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is good to read that Jaxon is doing well. What a long ordeal this has been for her. And I appreciate your words about Josh. So glad that he is stable. Your words are poignant and I am taking them to heart.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.