YOP LIST 2024-2025

Sunday, September 15, 2024

WEEK 11

 


Yuppers, it's Sunday again and time for my weekly update about my crafting and also my life.  Let's talk crafting first.

I finally dragged my RCR sock out and worked on it!


I put a whole 3 rows on it LOL.  I took this with me to Adoration Thursday evening.  I only had about 20 minutes to work on it after I completed my readings and prayers.  During the week, I really do not have any interest in working on it.  That is sad, isn't it.

I did work a bit on my cross stitch.


I started the next area of the pattern page I am working on.  It was nice to be working with a different color than what the last section was.  Yet, I do believe, looking at the chart, I will be heading back to those color again shortly.

Other than those two items the only thing I worked on was the puzzle and there really isn't much more to see on that...........yet.  I work on it while hubby watches football on Sunday and Monday.

That sums up my crafting.  I am going to cast on a new item this week.  It will be a repeat of one I have done before but with a totally different type of yarn.  I have visions in my head of how wonderful it will be.  Let's hope my vision is not a bad dream. LOL

Life has been about the same.  Jaxon is still in the hospital getting treatments for her necrosis.  The wound is healing well and she may get released the beginning of this week.  The Drs want her to go home and will have in home health come and take care of the wound vac for the parents.  The Dr's feel she will heal better at home and run a smaller risk of infection there.

Josh is still stable and getting ready to head back to Seattle for a little while.  It is his happy place and Stacie likes him to have as much happiness as he can.  He has just completed his last round of chemo.  And by last round, I mean his absolute last round.  They do not have any protocols for anything past this.  Most patients with this type of GBM do not live past this time period!  Well, maybe they should be coming up with something, right?  It seems more and more GBM patients are starting to have a longer survival rate with all the new drugs they have started using when the patient is first diagnosed.  Josh was able to use one of those clinical trial drugs and it seems to have done quite well for him.  The idea of just sitting and waiting to see what happens is not exactly my idea of fun.

As for me...........I ended up back in the ER on Tuesday for my afib.  After 5 hours it finally got under control and I was released to go home with an increase in my medications.  The increase seems to be agreeing with me as my blood pressure is the best it has been in years as is my heart rate!  The day after my ER visit hubby and I went to a baseball game and walked quite a bit.  I had no problem and felt the best I had in years!  Now, I just need to make sure I am doing some cardio everyday to keep things going in the right direction.

Hubby has said, for years, that Enrique is 'my' dog.  And for many years I was the only one he really wanted to be with.  Well, look at this.


This is becoming more of the norm now.  This all started to happen after I spent the night in the hospital in June.  Hubby is not thrilled with this turn of events.  That little dog is like a personal heater!  When it is over 100F outside, there is no need for a heater inside. LOL

Speaking of outside temps.............We will be below 100F starting tomorrow!  I\Our night time temps will be in the high 60's to low 70's! I am so excited.  This means there will be outdoor activities again.

Here is your chuckle for the week.


Until Next Time.....................................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I love the colors of your sock so I'm sorry it's not getting much attention. If you saw the colors of my home interior you would know those socks fit right in. I just talking with my son this morning about how little I seem to be getting done on my knitting with no good excuse for why. Seems there is always something I want to research on the internet (especially since I live so close to Springfield, OH -Grrr the lies!!) Glad the ER visit turned out to be a blessing and that you are feeling much better. We too are having low humidity so the temps in the morning are wonderful despite the afternoons being near 90F. Such a beautiful time to sip coffee on the deck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, it's a wonder you have got anything done! I'm glad Josh is doing well and defying the odds. And I hope Jaxon gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you're feeling so good, Marsha, after a trip to the ER and a change in your medicine dosage. I imagine afib to be very scary. I am glad Josh is doing well. And I'm glad he is able to participate in a trial. I pray that the medicines continue to help him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s great Jaxon can finish the remainder of her recovery at home. I hope being back in Seattle brings Josh some joy. Thank goodness your new medications are working out, no more health issues needed. Maybe Enrique wants to leave your lap clear for you crafting. Liz (highlandheffalump)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad to read the update on Jaxon and Josh, may the be well and heal!! As for you, yay for ER getting your meds adjusted so you are SUPER WOMAN! how fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.