YOP LIST 2024-2025

Sunday, July 28, 2024

WEEK 4

 


A month into Year 14 of YOP (Year of Projects).  That month flew by!  My projects are all loooong term projects so all you will be seeing over the next many months will mostly be progress photos.

Here are the RCR socks.


Not a lot of progress on them.  Where as, RCR socks normally do not take forever to complete, these are strictly my 'out and about' project. Someday, sock 1 will be completed and I can start sock 2.

My main project this week was my Madonna and Child xs.


It is unbelievable how much time it took me to do that square in the upper right side.  I thought this was 18 count aida but I measured it and it is 16 count.  Still seems super tiny to my old eyes.  I am really enjoying getting back into cross stitching.  This piece is going to take a very long time to complete but will be worth every minute and stitch when completed.

I got my new sourdough started going quite well this past week.


Friday I was able to make a yummy loaf of bread with it.  I also have quite a bit of discard and plan on making tortillas with it today.  It is nice to be back into sourdough cooking again.  I do admit, my scoring of the dough does need a bit of work.  

In other news......................

Our monsoons showed up this week.  We got an inch of rain in 24 hours.  It was sorely needed.  Along with the rain we had very strong winds (for us).  The neighbors across the street suffered some nasty damage.


Their poor Palo Alto tree lost a major branch.  The owner was out there yesterday trimming it up in hopes of saving the rest of the tree.  Another neighbor, behind us, cut down his HUGE ficus tree because of storm damage.  I was sorry to see that one go.  It provided such wonderful shade to him and his neighbor and it was beautiful.  Now, when I am in my backyard all I see is his garage and basketball net.

We also have new neighbors directly behind us.  We have not gone over to meet them yet.  They are still settling in.  I do hear many children's voices in the evening when they are all gathered around their swimming pool.  Going over and meeting them is on my 'to do' list for next week.

This week, we are once again, getting ready for another road trip to Vegas.  This will be a family trip for all our adult children.  We are staying with our dear friends there.  There will be 8 of us descending upon them this coming Friday and leaving them on the following Monday.  With Josh's GBM, we decided we need to be doing more family activities and making as many memories as we can.  

I got the results of my thyroid ultrasound and am now scheduled to consult with a general surgeon for a biopsy and possible removal.  Knowing most nodules are benign, I am hopeful this will also be my case.  My nodule is 3cm, so just a tad larger than we originally thought.  

That's it for this week.  I expect to be busy next week helping out with Josh.  He starts his 5th round of chemo and will be needing help with transportation for fluid infusions to help with the nausea.  The socks will be traveling with me.

Here is your chuckle for today.....


Until Next Time..........................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be able to take family trips. Every time I think of doing one I remember that 4 of the 7 kids have dogs making a gathering impossible. But I keep hoping that someday we can all meet at Cumberland Lake or a big beach house in Charleston SC. Enjoy your sock knitting too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully it will not be quite as hot when you are in Vegas this time. Enjoy your family time. The cross stitch looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent so long the other day trying to get myself logged on to leave a comment that when I couldn’t get it to work I forgot to leave one anyway 🙈 Bad news about the neighbour’s tree but I bet the rain feels good after all that heat and humidity. Sour dough is something my husband and I think we should like but when we buy it we are always disappointed. Is it better when homemade?

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is wonderful that your family is gathering often for family activities. Praying that Josh's chemo doesn't make him too sick. There are so many different chemo protocols, for different cancers, and giving some of the things you've written, I suspect he is experiencing worse than I did last year, but having experienced what I did, I hurt now for people going through it. I know it has to hurt your mother-heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the socks and the stitching! Glad you got the rain, but sad for the trees. I hope your family trip is good - just got back from visiting mum in the midst of her chemo. Thinking of you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. praying for your consult and always praying for Josh!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.