YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, December 4, 2022

WEEK 23 OF YOP 12

 


Running a bit late today.  I will talk about the reason later in this post.  Right now let's take a look at what has been happening with my yarn and needles.


The Wee Sherlock sweater is completed and the ends have been woven in.  I need some help, though.


Which buttons would you use on this.  The heart buttons are placed to show where the buttons will be sewn.  I like the hearts but they are a little hard to get through the button holes not to mention the yarn has a peach undertone and not 'pink'.  The buttons next to the hearts are kind of busy but have so many colors in them as do the ones next to the sleeve.  The ones on the sleeve are one short for all the holes but I could mix them with the ones next to the sleeve.  HELP!  What do you think?

Once the sweater got completed I cast on for the hat.


Here is where I was this morning.  Since then I have unraveled it and cast on using a cable cast on and the needle size it called for as well as the next size down.  I am still on the garter edging.  I am debating on whether to do the cable accent or just sew a button on the garter edging for accent.  This outfit needs to be completed this week and turned into our church so they can get it to the 'angel'.

That is all for crafting this week.  I have not discussed my Hydroponic garden in a while.  I am down to only one at the moment.  It is growing cherry tomatoes.  I harvested the ripe ones today.


Hubby ate them with his dinner tonight.

This week has been crazy.  We have been preparing for the rest of the family from Texas to arrive.  

Monday - Smoked a turkey for hubby and I.  It was my first time to do this by myself.  It turned out yummy.  I also pulled the tree ornaments out of the storage shed.  Moved the tree to where I wanted it this year too.

Tuesday - Had a meeting with our Estate Planner to go over our updated trust.  Hubby decided to come down with a nasty cold.  (Covid test was negative)  

Wednesday - Finally got the tree decorated!  Nothing else has been decorated yet.  Too busy trying to find cold medicine for hubby.  There has been quite a run on the stuff we like to use.  Guess everyone is stocking up because of the 'tridemic' the news media keeps warning us about.

Thursday - Got around to doing laundry....finally!  Also spent most of the day running errands while hubby stayed home and away from the public.  

Friday - Took our son to work so he did not have to leave his car at the airport while he went to TX to help drive the family out here.  I got to see a gorgeous sunrise as he leaves for work at 6am and the sun comes up around 7am.  I did a grocery store run to help stock a few things up in the 'new house' kitchen.  This way they do not need to run to a grocery store the minute they get in.  We also did a final clean on the house and hung up a banner welcoming them to their new home.

Saturday - Bread making day!   I no longer make a loaf of bread.  I am now making buns and this way we do not have the waste we were having with the loaf.  While I was letting the bread rise things got interesting.  My DIL from TX called and gave me a list of items they would need when they arrived here.  It was all items for the 3 guinea pigs LOL.  By the time I got all the supplies and bread completed it was early evening.  We followed their driving progress and decided to stay up until we knew they were safely at their home.  They arrived around 1:30am!  One of their cars broke down about 150 miles into their trip.  They ended up renting a trailer to tow the car the rest of the trip.  This really slowed them down.

Today - Hubs and I got to bed about 2 this morning but still woke up around 7.  He is feeling much better.  HOORAY!  It rained all day yesterday and some this morning.  Not a good time to try and pull boxes out of the shed for the rest of our Christmas decorating.  So, we just took it kind of slow today.  Our daughter and her husband dropped by and brought a lovely tray of homemade goodies.  The Tx son and wife dropped by to get some tools and chat a bit.

It is now about 8pm and time for me to get back to working on the baby hat.  Next week I hope for a more normal week.  I do have an appt on Tues, Wed, and Thur.  But they are all short appointments so should not effect our routine too much.  I am hoping to get the rest of the decorations up this week as well as get the Christmas baking going.

If this seems a bit choppy, it is.  My mind is whirling with all the things that have happened in the past 7 days not to mention what still needs to be done in the next 7 days.  Gotta love this time of year LOL.

I hope you all are healthy and staying warm.

Until Next Time.......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have both your daughter and your son living nearby. It will be a wonderful Christmas this year. I like the sleeve buttons the best. If you are only missing one button, seems to me that I've seen a plain-ish button used as the top button if that's an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the buttons next to the heart buttons. The colors seem to work well with the yarn. Enjoy your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the heart buttons but I hear your concern that they are fiddly to get through the holes. I am exhausted just reading all the things you did this past week. I hope you have time to put your feet up this coming week and I hope your hubby is well on the mend and didn't pass the cold onto you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like both sets of buttons - sorry!! They are both nice with the sweater. Yay for your tree being up, it won't be long before Christmas is here!

    ReplyDelete
  5. There’s a reason I have only knitted jumpers or cardigans without buttons or buttonholes…it’s impossible to pick them. I hope you’ve been able to decide, they all look great to me. When you make bread rolls are you taking bread out of the bread maker at the dough stage or kneading by hand? Liz

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a bit late, but I think the Buttons next to the hearts are the ones I would choose!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.