YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Really?

 


Has it really only been 2 days since I posted?  So much has happened in that time.

Monday hubby grabbed me and we headed to Home Depot along with about 1000 other people.  Ya, it seemed to be that full.  We are trying to finish up some home remodeling on our 50 year old home.  We decided to finish up the vanity areas of our 2 main bathrooms.  We got very lucky as the room designer was not busy so, we were able to sit down with him and plan out how we wanted things to be.  It only took 2.5 hours to complete.  At the end, we were informed it will be 16 - 20 weeks before the cabinetry will be ready.  And that is after the professional measurements get done.  So, we are looking around Christmas or the first of next year.  No big issue for us.  Not like we are going anywhere.

After we finished with the designer, we went to look at door hardware as we have a handyman coming this weekend to install and replace 6 doors.  Two are exterior doors and the rest are interior.  We started looking and realized neither of us had eaten since early morning and it was now mid afternoon and we were both starting to get hangry.  Skip looking for hardware and go to lunch/dinner.  Once we were fed, we were done for the day and just came home.

Today we had every intention of going to get the door hardware but................best laid plans and all that.  Hubby  was trying to get some info on our solar panels and ran into all sorts of issues.  I was doing laundry and working in the kitchen.  I went into our rubbermaid pantry when I notice one of the shelves supports was broken in half.  Peachy!  That is where I keep all of my baking supplies as well as canned goods.  By the time hubby got done with the solar people it was mid afternoon again.  Neither of us felt like heading out to look for a new pantry or door hardware.  So.....................I did online shopping.  I found a pantry that will hold up to 150 pounds per shelf!  Perfect!  I no longer need to worry about shelves bowing.  The best part, it is being delivered free of charge!  But wait, there is more!  This pantry is metal and only $10 more than the plastic one.  Only bummer is it will be over a week before it arrives.


I promise to be patient.  Maybe LOL.

Tomorrow we will head out to get door hardware.  Well, at least that is the plan so far.  I know what I want, it is just a matter of finding them.  We also need to get paint for the doors and the wall in the backroom that is going to be completed by the end of this month.  Finally!  Things are coming together.  It will be so nice to have all of this renovation stuff behind us.   Once this is done, there will only be one room left to redo and that is the master bedroom.  I dread pulling the furniture out of there to be able to paint it and for new carpeting to be laid.  That might be why we have been putting it off for quite a while.  Not sure how much longer we can continue to put it off.  Time will tell.

OK, it is time for me to grab my knitting and let it work it's magic on me.

Until next time........................................


2 comments:

  1. I just ordered new curtains for our bedroom ONLINE. I love not going out and looking at stores knowing I won't find what I need as quickly as the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes... moving furniture to paint is why we are slow about getting it done. You two are inspiring, though. If ours was a house fit to grow old in, I'd much rather remodel and refurbish than move. But since we're motivated to move, we're leaving a fair amount of things for the next owners to put their magic touch to. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.