YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Update

This is just a quick YOP update.  I am writing this on my tablet from my hubby's hospital room.             
As for the sweater for the grand daughter........it has been worked on quite a bit over the past 4 days.  I have added about 7-8 inches on the body.  I did have a bit of a scare on Friday, when I found three dropped stitches in the lace yoke.  I took a crochet hook and wove them into what looked like the rest of the lace pattern and then tied a knot in the stitches.  When I finish the body of the sweater I will do s teeny bit of sewing to insure those stitches never come loose again.

Hubby had his surgery on Thursday.  Unfortunately they had to cut him open to do it.  We had hoped for laprascopic surgery, but there was too much involved for that to happen.  They removed 14 inches of his colon and it was adhereing to his kidney.  Surgery lasted almost 3 hours and then another 2 hours in recovery.  Everything looks good so far and we are waiting for the final pathology report. All indications so far still point to diverticulitis.

We were hoping to have him home by today but looks like it will be Tuesday at the earliest.  I want to thank all of you for your prayers and good wishes.

Next week I will have pictures for you.........of the sweater!!!!!!

Happy crafting!

10 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear your hubby's having a time of it. Good they're keeping him a bit longer, I often think they release people too quickly. This way they can look after him longer. Will he have a bag while he heals?

    Glad you were able to fix the sweater.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best of luck to your Hubby. Sending good vibes for a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Im so glad to hear that your husband is over his operation and I'm sorry he had to be cut open and I know you'd have known exactly what that entailed, as a nurse caring for me when having Evelyn sometimes you can know to much. Continuing to keep you both in my thoughts and prayers and looking forward to seeing how the sweater has grown.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things look good so far! The first couple of days after surgery are always the worst, and then things start getting better. At least I hope it works out that way for you.

    I'll check back with you next week to see the sweater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry to hear about your husband. Prayers for both you tonight as I head to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sending many good wishes and hope for a speedy recovery for your husband. And I look forward to seeing the sweater when it's done, and you're back home to post a picture

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, that surgery does not sound like fun at all for him or for you! Wishing you guys a swift recovery. Looking forward to those sweater pictures. So glad you had knitting to keep you company at the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your husband is comfortable and not in too much pain. I hope you are getting rest as well. Thank goodness for knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sending good thoughts for a speedy recovery for your hubby! Looking forward to see your sweater photo next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hope your husband is doing well now; looking forward to hearing good news soon x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.