YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

I;m still here

I don't want any of my YoP friends to think that I have forgotten about my blog or YoP updates.  I have been very busy the last couple of weeks and have not had the time to blog or take any photos.  But I do have some news about my crafting.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to knit my yet to be born God Daughter her Baptismal gown.  I found a lovely pattern and some really nice soft white yarn to make it out of.  I started on it right away.  So far I have the front finished and have started on the back.  I still have the skirt of the back to do, the little sleeves and the bonnet to match.  Baby Grace is not due until December 21 and the baptism will not be until after the first of the year.  So I have time to finish it, no problem.

I also decided to knit my Granddaughter a hooded sweater for this winter.  We don't really need COATS that much here in the desert and a hoodie is just perfect for our mild winters.  I took her with me to my LYS so she could pick out her yarn.  She is HIGHLY allergic to wool so her area to choose from was quite limited.  But she did find some really nice variegated yarn in pink, purple, yellow and cream.  I started on it last night and have 1/2 the hood already done.  It is made with worsted weight yarn so it is going pretty quickly.  I will be taking it with me this weekend to our retreat at our church.  I was going to take the baptismal gown but the parents of the baby are going to be there and I really ant that to be a surprise for them.  I should be able to make quite a bit of progress on the sweater this weekend and hopefully will be able to function well enough on Sunday to post pictures of both items.

No, these items are not on my YoP but then we all know that there are times when our knitting has to take a bit of a turn around this time of year so we can complete items that are needed.  All of my YoP's have been placed on hold until these two items are completed and sewn together and ready to be given to their respective owners.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.