YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, December 21, 2012

Dear Readers

Dear Readers,

Please do not think that I have forgotten about any of you.  We all know this time of year is so crazy and that goes double for us crafters.  I promise I have not stopped knitting or crocheting.  Just the opposite.  I have been knitting up a storm!  In fact that is what has kept me from my blog.  I have spent every spare second I have knitting on a couple of very special projects.  One of them is still a secret but since the person it is intended for does not even know I have a blog I can tell you about it.

I knit a baptismal gown for our newest God Daughter.  She was born on 12/20/12 and is just so precious.  I started the gown over a month ago and finished it about 2 weeks ago.  I do not have a photo of it.  I think it would be best to take the photo when she is in the dress.  (or if I have some spare time I will take one and post it here)  The parents do not know about the dress.  I told them we would take care of getting the dress and mommy thinks I am getting some frilly lacy crinoline thing. Boy, will she be surprised.  The best part is.................this dress is so soft and cuddly and warm.................the baby will not have to worry about being all scratched up from  frilly stuff.  She will be very comfortable. 

The other item I am knitting on fast and furious is a hooded sweater for my Grand Daughter.  She picked out the yarn herself (she's 7) and I picked out the pattern.  I am hoping to have it done by Christmas for her.  She has been ever so patient about it too.  She knew I was doing the baptismal gown for Grace and would check in with me daily to find out if I was done with 'The Gown' yet.  One day she informed me that I needed to hurray up and finish the gown because "it's getting to be sweater weather" here in the Arizona desert.  I have finished all but 1/2 of the sleeves.  I am doing them two at a time and they should be done by the end of this weekend.  Then I will sew it together and present it to her for Christmas on Tuesday morning.

The rest of my YoP projects have been placed on hold until these two items of clothing are done and and gifted to their respective giftee.  I have never tried to make clothing other than socks before so this has been quite a challenge for me.  I have totally enjoyed doing it and look forward to doing more of this type of knitting and crocheting.

Once Christmas and New Years has past I will be back on board with the YoP group and looking over what is left to do on my list.  I know there is plenty but then I have to decide what it is that I want to do next.

So thanks for hanging in there with me and still checking out my blog to see if anything new has been posted.

Have a wonderful Christmas and a fabulous New Year.

Happy Crafting

LeftyCrafter!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.