YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, December 17, 2023

WEEK 25

 


Do you ever just sit infront of your computer screen trying to figure out how to start your blog?  UGH!  This is me today.  Coming up with something catchy to grab the attention of the reader is one of the hardest things I do each week.  Since, I am unable to find the 'words' to get this blog off and running, I will just jump right in to my week of crafting and 'real' life.

Sunday (after posting) - I was finally able to get a bit of laundry done.  Not being home most of the week kind of puts a kink in things.  Yet, I do not begrudge my time spent with my son at all.

Monday - Got hubby to the airport.  He is off to finish up his mother's estate, finally.  She passed away two years ago.  The house had been remodeled and put on the market last month and sold in about 3-4 weeks.  It feels good to have the last thing completed.  I was told there was no need for me to come to be with Josh as he had his post op follow-up appointment and his wife was going to take the day off.  Well, things did not go as planned there.  His head was swelling and the Drs were quite concerned so sent him to the ER for various tests and then admitted him to the hospital.  Seems he was leaking 'brain fluid' (Josh's words) in-between his skull and scalp.  He was only in the hospital one day.  They started him on some new medicines to help and also made him start wrapping his head to help the fluid drain.  This is what was causing so much of his pain too.


I told him he reminded me of Ebeneezer Scrooge from the original Dickens "A Christmas Carol" movie.  He didn't find the humor in that.

Tuesday - I had Josh duty again.  There is also more car trouble going on.  Hubbys car's check engine light came on when Josie was driving it on Sunday night.  I had her switch cars with me so she wouldn't worry about it.  Seems there is a Cylinder #2 air to fuel problem.  I called the dealership to see if we could get a loaner while they repaired this.  My service advisor was not there and the person I spoke to flat out told me no way.  I was a bit miffed and decided to wait until my advisor was back the next day.  This caused me a bit of stress.  When stressed I pull out my needles and release said stress.


I was able to complete my niece's peek-a-boo mitts and seed banded slouch hat.  Then it was time to start my great niece's set too.


This is how I totally relaxed that evening.  Knitting, Christmas Movies and a little nightcap to help me relax so I could get some sleep.

Wednesday - Back with Josh again.  He is looking so much better.  The swelling has gone done greatly and his pain is minimal.  I was able to contact my car service advisor.  I explained the situation of only having one car (josie's car is still in the shop too) and needing a loaner if at all possible.  She spoke to her manager and was able to get one for us!  I turned Hubby's car in for service and picked up the loaner.  Hubby returned from his trip this evening.  So nice to have him back home.  He is also super glad to be home.

Thursday - Another day with Josh.  I am getting concerned as he is not interested in doing anything other than sit around.  I tried to get him to go outside for a bit but he refused.  Asked him to go for a walk and he scoffed that off too.  He did get a call from the clinical research team letting him know he was a candidate for their trial drug.  This is good news and bad news.  The bad news is, this means he has a grade 3 or 4 tumor (aggressive).  The good news is, the trial he took before surgery permeated the tumor so there is a chance this chemo will attack it and possibly put it into remission.  We should know more after his oncologist appointment on Monday.  Hubby and I had Adoration at our church's cancer shrine.  There were lots of prayers going up for our son that night.

Friday - Back with Josh again and deeply concerned.  He is slipping into a very dark place.  I tried talking to him about it and told him he needs to move and get out of the house.  He ignored me so I called in the big guns......My TX DIL.  She was a Senior Chief in the US Navy and doesn't take crap from anyone!  She hightailed it over to the house.  Before she got there she sent him a text and told him to get up, shower and plan on getting his bum out of the house.  And he did!  She took him on a walk and had a little chat with him about his pity party.  What a change in him after she came.  We even went out to dinner as a family that evening and what a grand time we had.

Saturday - Time to catch up on laundry!  Finally got all the clothes washed, folded and put away.  Hubby had a retreat at church so I had the day to myself.  Made a pan of corn bread to go with the soup we were having for our evening meal.  Watched a couple of Christmas movies and worked on my great niece's winter wear.


I am saving the thumbs for the end.  They can be a bit fiddly and I want to make sure I have the time to really work with them so they look nice.  I am in love with this color.  Hopefully she will be too.  I was told she likes purples and to 'think of the forest at night' type of purple.  I think this captures that.  Hubby and I also went to Mass this evening.  After dinner my Grand daughter Jaxon called and asked me to go to her house and get her meds she forgot to take to work with her.  (She is having some cardiac issues)  She was unable to reach her parents.  So, Mimi to the rescue!  Once that was all done, I finally sat down with hubby, watched a few shows we had recorded and then off to bed.

Here we are, another Sunday.  I still have a load of towels to wash and dry today.  There is going to be a loaf of cranberry bread made also.  Hubby will be glued to the TV watching NFL football so I will have lots of time to do mundane tasks.  I might even do a little Christmas baking today.  I have not made any treats for the upcoming season!  All the ingredients have been purchased.  Now they just need me to mix them all together. Needless to say, Josh has taken priority over everything the past 3 months.

Josh's in laws are coming in on Monday and will be staying through the first of the year.  I do not know if that means they will be taking over his care or not.  I know his father in law loves to be outdoors and he and Josh normally sit out back a lot.  His father in law will also be helpful in getting some of the yard work done that Josh is not able to do at the moment.  I did a bit of trimming up a tree on Friday but there is much more needing done.  TX DIL helped clean up the doggy diamonds (think about that LOL), Josie helped me clean out the fridge and freezer as well as getting stuff into the recycling bins.  We also got all the dishes done and cleaned up the kitchen for them.  His mother in law is great about keeping the kitchen cleaned up, dinner made and doing laundry.  That will be a big help for Stacie.

That, my friends is the end of my last week.  Thank you for hanging in until the end.

Until Next Time......................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

  1. Wow, that is tough. It's going to be very rough for Josh and for your family. I hope expressing your experience through the blog helps. Glad there are so many people that can help. Your purple mittens are beautiful. And what a cute hat and mitten set for your niece. Hope you all are able to have some joy this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always hard to see a loved one in pain. Glad you have family around to help. I am sure your DIL will appreciate the help and support of her parents on their visit (and has also been enjoying all of your love and support too). Your mittens are a lovely shade of purple. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your nieces hand knitted gifts are perfect and so pretty. So sorry about all that has been going on, be sure you take of yourself too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You certain have your hands (and days) full, Marsha. I am so glad that your Tex DIL was able to rouse Josh out of his slump. Continuing to pray. Your mittens and hat are all beautiful. They will be well-loved gifts. Also, I'm so glad you asked again for a loaner vehicle and someone finally responded in the affirmative. Some people just don't have the head (or heart) for customer service.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a hard time, but lucky you have a great family to rally around. Your DIL sounds like just the person you need!
    The hat and mittens are gorgeous, and just what you need to distract you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one strong lady! God bless you. that was scary about Josh but your DIL really got the job done on his mental state....that was wonderful. It has so much to do with your healing too. Your hat and mitten set is beautiful and you were definitely stressed as look at all you got done plus housework, baking, running errands for everyone. You are one amazing woman and I know your faith gives you strength....I know mine does. Blessings to you and yours and glad some more help is arriving.

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a week! I continue to pray for Josh (and you) and hope everything settles down. Your DIL sounds like a force! Hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a week you had, I’m so behind that I hope this latest week has been a lot easier for you. Your DIL sounds great, what a relief he would listen to her. So much healing power in being outside and some exercise. I hope Monday’s appointment went well and the new meds are successful. Thank goodness for knitting to keep you calm through this stressful time. Oh and where do I find a mug like your gnome one I wonder. Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.