YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 22, 2015

YoP week 38





Another couple of weeks have passed.  They have been great weeks and I have accomplished some knitting in that time.

We took a road trip on the 13th to go and see hubby's mom and some friends in Las Vegas. It was a great trip and we enjoyed ourselves so much.  Our best friends went with us and we always seem to laugh so much when we are with them.

I did complete mom's first sock before we left.


I love the way this yarn as the variations in color.  I DO NOT like the yarn.  It is splitty, catches on everything, is thick and thin throughout and I will never buy it again.  But, once it is made up, it really is soft and pretty.  I will say the one thing that has impressed me is....even though it is 100% wool, it has not made me itch or break out in a rash as other wools do.  So I am able to work on it longer.

I did start the second sock on Sunday, while visiting with friends.  I didn't get much time to work on it after that until Tuesday on the trip back and then again on Wednesday night after work.  I didn't pick it up again until last evening and went to work on it fast a furious.  Here is where it is at now.


I have another 2 inches to do on it before I start the toe section.  I should be able to complete that by the end of this week no problem.  Then I will need to look for something else to do.  

I might go ahead and finish up my socks that are still on the magic loop needles and also frog the sweater that I started and start it back up in the round.  I really want to get those two things done before the end of this year of YoP.  I can't say that the sweater will be completed, but at least it will be ready to knit the way I prefer to do a sleeveless sweater.

My Grand daughter grabbed me after I got off work on Wednesday and we did finally make the pillows for her doll bed.  Now she is one happy camper and I don't have to try and sneak in the house.  LOL  Actually, it was not a big deal and she is a dream to be around and loves to work on crafts with me.

Other than that, not much else is happening in my world.  I have just a tad over 2 months left before I retire.  I am training my replacement and she is a wonder to work with.  She is smart and learns so quickly.  It has been a dream to work with her and I know she will do an excellent job when I am gone.

So let's look at the list again and............................................................

Happy crafting!

YoP 4 List

New items to do

Sweater for me
Started 12/21/14
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

WIP's to complete

Log Cabin Blanket
(This has been in my WIP pile for about 3 years now.  It needs to leave it)
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

Yearly projects I do anyway

Socks
( I love doing them and can not say how many pairs I will complete but need to do some)
STARTED A NEW PAIR 10/7/14
DID NOT TOUCH THEM THIS WEEK
3/08/15
STARTED BED SOCK 3/4/18
ONE COMPLETED AND OVER HALF WAY DONE WITH THE SECOND ONE


Things to increase my skills


JOIN A CAL OR KAL
STARTED 1/8/15 TO BE COMPLETED BY DECEMBER 2015
3 SQUARES DONE 3/08/15
STILL NEED TO COMPLETE THE LAST SQUARE I WAS WORKING ON AND AM NOW 2 SQUARES BEHIND.

Personal Goal

Use only the yarn from my stash for all the above projects.
( I am truly going to try NOT to purchase any more yarn this year.  I have already gone 4 months without buying any yarn and I figure I can continue that trend for at least another 12 months.)
NO YARN BOUGHT AS OF 03/22/15

Take photos of ALL items when done.
(I have a habit of gifting items and never photographing them for my blog)
YUP, SO FAR AS OF 03/22/18
OOPS, DIDN'T TAKE PHOTOS OF THE SCARVES I MADE AND SOLD 12-19-14

COMPLETED ITEMS
Lapghan for my mom
(I started on this on July 1st since this is when the official YoP 4 started)
FINISHED 7/6/14

2-3 Doll Clothes
(I really want to get this done this year......I really do)
ALL FINISHED BY 7/22/14

1 fingerless mitt
( This is for a Christmas gift this year so it WILL be done soon)
FINISHED 8/12/14

One sock
(This also needs to be done for Christmas.  It's been lingering around for 6 months)
COMPLETED 9/27/14

Be Loving
Unplanned project but did it for love
COMPLETED 10/19/14

Slippers
(These make the best Christmas gifts and my entire family said they need new ones)
8 PAIR COMPLETED 11/09/14

12 dishcloths 
( These also make such nice Christmas gifts and are quick and fun to do)
THIRTEEN COMPLETED 11/16/14

5 RUFFLED SCARVES
12/19/14

BOOT CUFFS FOR DIL
3 COMPLETED 01/25/15

NEW PRAYER SHAWL FOR MOM
COMPLETED 1/6/15

1 test knits/crochet
COMPLETED 2/19/15

5 comments:

  1. One of my favourite pairs of socks to wear were knit from fuzzy yarn that was PAINFUL to knit. You just never know, right?

    Two months to retirement and someone competent to take the reins? That's awesome!

    I can't imagine I'll finish my YoP list this year. I plan to just roll it into the beginning of next year. As long as it all gets done eventually, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've completed alot of projects :) I love the way your socks are coming out. I'm not a fan of pink but your color choice is so pretty.
    Congrats on the retirement.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bed socks look great and at least feel good on - makes up for the experience of knitting with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The yarn for those socks is so pretty, such a pity it is not so nice/easy to work with!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great progress on the socks. Shame the yarn is such a pain to knit with, but it really does look pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.