YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

So what do you do when you don't have a swiffer to help you wind your yarn into a nice neat cake?  You go up to the dear unsuspecting spouse who is watching his baseball game and ask him to hold his arms out about so wide.  Then you plop a hank of beautiful yarn on his arms and tell him to hold that for just a few minutes while you manually roll it into a nice ball of yarn.

I think he did a great job!  After I finished this hank he actually asked me "how many more of these do you have to do".  I told him that not to worry about it as I was not going to do them all tonight. 

I have 3 more of these to do so I think I had better spread it out a bit.  Of course if I do them all one right after the other I might find a swiffer in my mail box someday soon.



I finished up my magic loop beanie class tonight.  I really liked the way it turned out and now am looking foward to doing many more hats this way.  In fact the yarn that DH helped me with tonight is going to become one of them but I will alter the pattern a bit as I am making it for a woman and want it to be a bit more femine than the one we did for class.

I finished the socks for my Daughter In Law and will be taking them with me to TX.  I tried to do the stretchy bindoff and could not get it.  So tonight while in class I asked my instructor to explain it to me as the instructions were really hard for me to grasp.  He explained it to me and told me to take out the binding and to attach the yarn back to the place where I started the bind of and do the bind off that way and then I would just weave in the ends.  So I am going to do that so the socks will go over her heels.  Otherwise they are really really a tight fit.

I am still working on the 3 prayer shawls and hopefully will be completing one of them soon.  The other two are kind of on hold until this first one is completed.  I was starting to get a bit confused as 2 of them are very close in their patterns.

We leave this Saturday for our 10 day trip to TX.  I am really looking forward to seeing the grandkids there and of course their parents too.  I am not looking forward to the weather there as it has been raining almost everyday for the past month it seems.  So the humidity will be really heavy.  Whereas here in AZ we are still around 11% humidity.  Ok,so I have already decided: no makeup, no fancy hair style, cotton clothes only, drink tons of ice water while there.

Better close this post up for the night.  I still have 3 more days of work before I can get on that big jet plane.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.