YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, May 15, 2016

YoP 46



Another week, another blog post, and it is so close to the end of year 5, I can almost feel year 6 creeping into my thoughts.

I did not do a lot of knitting this week.  We are getting ready for a road trip this coming weekend and I am trying to get all the loose ends around our remodel taken care of.  It still is a work in progress, but we have been able to get to the point where we are going to paint the new wall.

I did start a pair of socks for my hubby.



I bought this yarn almost a year ago while I was in Seattle.  Are those not the strangest looking toes you have ever seen?  But, I have slid them on a foot and they actually fit perfectly.  This pair of socks will be done with the fish kiss heel.  It will be my first attempt at it and I am looking forward to trying something new.  They will be my road trip knit.  

I am still journaling daily and it really has helped me keep my to do lists together and completed.  If anyone would look at it, they would get a chuckle.  You see, I even put KNIT on my daily to do list.  If I don't make a point of listing it, I will get so involved in other activities, I won't do it.  Sounds crazy, right?  After all.......fiber running through my fingers is the next best thing next to puppies and babies.

I realized today, I had not looked at my Year 5 list since the beginning of the year.  So let us take a look and ponder upon my progress:

2015-2016 YoP list

Socks
Once again I can not tell you how many I will do.  But these are my favorite items to do during the hot summer months here in the desert.  I do know that I need to have 2 pair completed before Christmas as they are gifts.  I already have 1/2 of one pair done and have started on the other pair this week, just to get them on the needles for the road trip.
7 pair completed so far

Shawls
Diving In  (this is already cast on, also for the road trip)
Diving in is in my UFO pile and Clapo-ktus is still in the thinking process

SWEATER
After I frog the sweater I started, this is what it is going to turn into.  It even asks for the fiber that I already have in my stash.  But I will be making this longer, as at my age, no one wants to see my tummy.
It has been worked on and the front panel is 7/8 done.  

Sewing items
Another gift for Christmas this year
Finished a few days before Christmas and it is loved and being used

Crochet
I have had a request for at least 2 of these for Christmas.  Now that I am not on yarn restriction, I can purchase the fiber for this and get going on them.
She loves her tail, although it took her a few minutes to realize what it was.

Wood Work
Staining and decorating treasure box for Wedding in October
Done and done..................the box and the wedding.

Other Items completed not originally listed
2 baby sweaters and hats
Pair of fingerless gloves
3 blouses sewn
American Flag Afghan

Not too badly done this past year....................and there are still 6 more weeks to go!  I am thinking about what to put on the list for next year.  This list was probably the best one I have done.  It did not 'put me in a corner', but allowed me freedom to work on what I wanted.  

I don't now if I will post next week, as I will be at the mercy of hotel internet.  Posting should resume in a couple of weeks though.

Until next time..................Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Your toes are interesting! You will love the heel, I don't want to do any other now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your toes are interesting! You will love the heel, I don't want to do any other now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so much craft, energy, Marsha - you are truly inspiring to me. And I love that you put knitting on your daily to do list. I tend to feel like I'm stealing time to crochet, or else I'm waiting 'till the end of the day when I'm exhausted and can barely keep my eyes open before I pull out my hook and yarn. You make me think there is a better way... Actually, I don't just think there's a better way. I know there is. You just inspire me to consider how I can implement this into my own life. :^) A good thing to think about as we approach a new YOP year.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.