YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, June 10, 2012

YoP

There are no pictures this week.  Why? you ask?  Because I have been too busy to even pick up a camera and take a photo of anything!  But I will tell you where I am at on my YoP list



LaLas prayer shawl (when ever) Knitted ( in progress) For Christmas 2012
1pairs of socks (Have the yarn)
5 dishclothes

 Here is the list of things that are finished:

****Finished******
Hat and Scarf (November gift)  Knitted (finished July 2011)
 Scarf for Jadin (by October 10th) Knitted  (finished October 2011)
Wedding Ring Afghan (finished in October 2011)
 Bedsock (Christmas) Crochet or knitted, haven't decided (Finished October 2011)                
 Hat for Josie (Finished October 2011)
wedding ring afghan (Christmas) Crochet (Finished in December 2011)
Bedsock(Christmas)  (Finished November 201
Scarf for Jenn (Finished December 23rd!!  2011)
Scarf for Josie (Finished December 26th 2011)
One man’s hat (Finished January 2012)
2 dishclothes (Finished February 2012)
1 log cabin block done (Finished February 2012)
2 dishclothes (Finished June 2012)
Cuff Down Socks (Finished May 2012)
Crocheted shawl (Finished May 2012)

As you can see I have deleted MANY items that I want to be done by the end of June this year.  What I have left probably will not be completed but I am sure some of it will.

I have been working on LaLa's shawl and it is fun and pretty easy but with over 200 stitches per row it is very slow going.

I do have a pair of socks on my needles.  They are for my hubby but at the moment I am concentrating on Dishclothes.  I needed a project that was quick and satisfying.  I can finish one in about a day or two depending on how much other stuff I have to do around the house and at my office.

I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do for a list for next year's YoP.  I have lots of projects that I want to complete by Christmas for gifts and I want to make sure those or on the list.  But after Christmas I will need to figure out what I am going to do to challenge myself.  If any of you have ideas please post them in the comment area.

I do want to stash bust during this next YoP.  I didn't do so well on that this year.  I have LOTS of sock yarn.  Enough to make about 30 pairs of socks.  That is the yarn that I do not have booked marked yet as to what I am going to make with it.  I guess I could just challenge myself to make LOTS of socks in LOTS of different patterns.  But there is no way I could do 30 pair of socks in 6 months.  Nope, not happening.

Now onto a more personal note.

I have really been struggling with my journey to a healthier me.  I kind of plateaued for a while and then some of those pounds started coming back for a visit.  Well, I have successfully evicted them again along with a couple of their friends.

How?  Easy..............................EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know, it is like a dirty word to me too.  But my DH got me a stand to put my bike in and now I can ride in the comfort of my own home.  It is just too dang hot to be walking or riding right now here in the desert of Arizona.  SO I have been pretty faithful to at least get 15 minutes a day in on the bike and most of the time I get 20-30 minutes in.  I take one or two days off a week total to let the muscles regroup.

I leave the end of this month for Texas to visit my grandsons and their parental units.  We only see them once a year so I am really looking forward to the trip.  Hubby is coming along too and we are both excited.  I plan on taking my craftiness with me and I will try and post as much as possible from there.

Until next week
Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, a visit to the Grandys on the horizon--how exciting! I don't have many suggestions for your challenge for next year-still working on my list, but I know that knitting that many socks in a year wouldn't happen for me either. ;) Actually, one of the things I am hoping to do is, is my first pair of socks ever this coming year--and I want to them to be 2 at a time, toe up. I have been on a dishcloth kick this past week also---have you seen the dishcloth swap on Rav? Super, super easy--I am so in! Here is a link:
    http://www.ravelry.com/groups/annual-dishcloth-swap

    Have a great week--
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're on the right track for next year's list by including all your Christmas gift plans. It sounds like you have a lot of sock yarn, so there definitely needs to be a pair or two of socks in the spring. But how about a shawl or two with sock yarn? Would that keep it interesting?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're definitely on the right track by starting with your Christmas gift list for your Year of Projects. With all that sock yarn I think you'll probably want to add in a couple of pairs, and then what about a shawl or two? Isn't Color Affection knit with sock yarn?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.