YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 25, 2015

YoP 4 week 30







Another productive week for me in the completion area.  In fact it will be much better by the end of today.  But for right now, this is what I have completed this week.


Another pair of boot cuffs.  And yes, that is a bit of shimmer you see in them.  It is called Shimmer by red heart.  I really like this yarn.  It is so soft and really easy to work with.

I will have another boot cuff done today to go along with the gray one I posted last week.  I have about 2 inches of ribbing left to do on it and then it will be done and ready to go to it's new home.

I think after that, I will pull my new CAL pattern off the computer and see how I do on it.  I love going from knitting to crocheting and vise versa.  There is never a dull moment when I do that.  I have to completely change my thought process and that is a good thing.

As for my job this week.............................The week started out just horrible.  One of my coworkers went home to find her husband dead.  He was only 59 and this was pretty sudden.  No real clue that he was this sick.  They thought he had a sinus infection but seems like it was something totally different.  We are waiting for the autopsy report to know for sure what happened.  We have no idea of when or if she will return to work.  Her entire family is in a different town and we think she might just move there to be close to them.  She is a vital part of our company so her absence is really noticed.

By the end of the week, things seemed to have smoothed out a bit.  We are still working like crazy, trying to get all the data re-entered that was lost in the crash, as well as keeping up with the daily things that we need to do.  

Happy Crafting!

Let's take a look at the list again:

YoP 4 List

New items to do

.5 PAIR OF BOOT CUFFS
STARTED 1/1/15

Sweater for me
Started 12/21/14
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

WIP's to complete

Log Cabin Blanket
(This has been in my WIP pile for about 3 years now.  It needs to leave it)
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

Yearly projects I do anyway

Socks
( I love doing them and can not say how many pairs I will complete but need to do some)
STARTED A NEW PAIR 10/7/14
DIDN'T TOUCH THIS WEEK

Things to increase my skills

1 test knits/crochet
(I have done a few of these over the past year and loved doing them.  They totally test my skills as a crafter and help me branch out into areas I would never ever think of going)
I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO DO A COUPLE BUT UNTIL AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR, I JUST DON'T SEE THAT HAPPENING.   

JOIN A CAL OR KAL
STARTED 1/8/15 TO BE COMPLETED BY DECEMBER 2015
ONE SQUARE DONE 1/15/15

Personal Goal

Use only the yarn from my stash for all the above projects.
( I am truly going to try NOT to purchase any more yarn this year.  I have already gone 4 months without buying any yarn and I figure I can continue that trend for at least another 12 months.)
NO YARN BOUGHT AS OF 01/25/15

Take photos of ALL items when done.
(I have a habit of gifting items and never photographing them for my blog)
YUP, SO FAR AS OF 01/25/15
OOPS, DIDN'T TAKE PHOTOS OF THE SCARVES I MADE AND SOLD 12-19-14

COMPLETED ITEMS
Lapghan for my mom
(I started on this on July 1st since this is when the official YoP 4 started)
FINISHED 7/6/14

2-3 Doll Clothes
(I really want to get this done this year......I really do)
ALL FINISHED BY 7/22/14

1 fingerless mitt
( This is for a Christmas gift this year so it WILL be done soon)
FINISHED 8/12/14

One sock
(This also needs to be done for Christmas.  It's been lingering around for 6 months)
COMPLETED 9/27/14

Be Loving
Unplanned project but did it for love
COMPLETED 10/19/14

Slippers
(These make the best Christmas gifts and my entire family said they need new ones)
8 PAIR COMPLETED 11/09/14

12 dishcloths 
( These also make such nice Christmas gifts and are quick and fun to do)
THIRTEEN COMPLETED 11/16/14

5 RUFFLED SCARVES
12/19/14

BOOT CUFFS FOR DIL
2.5 COMPLETED 01/25/15

NEW PRAYER SHAWL FOR MOM
COMPLETED 1/6/15


9 comments:

  1. Love the boot cuffs and what a shock to your poor co-worker

    ReplyDelete
  2. How horrible for your co-worker... Great job on the boot cuffs..I started a pair, but have not done much than the cuff.....they are crocheted...I also go between knit and crochet...to give my hands a change....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Take a breath and craft on. Enjoy your Sunday and work hard to get into a good head space for the coming week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that is just awful for your co-worker. The poor woman! Yes, she probably does need her family around her now.
    I think I used that yarn for some dressy scarves and I loved it too. It really looks nice on the boot cuffs. I hope you have a better week next week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nightmare! There are just no words for that kind of thing.

    Hopefully your next week is calmer! Cute shimmery boot cuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the boot cuffs.

    I'm so sorry for your co-worker, I just can't imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How awful about your co-worker's husband! That is truly horrendous! :(

    On a more trivial but positive note, the boot cuffs are very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awful way for anybody to start a week!
    That yarn sure looks pretty. I was wondering how 'glitzy' it may be, but it looks rather nice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.