YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, January 19, 2018

Remember When?

 Do y'all remember when I posted everyday in November?  How I enjoyed doing that.  I don't now why I don't post more often now.  It's not like nothing happens around here on a daily basis.  Today, I decided to do a bit of blogging just so Sunday's post wouldn't be so involved with my daily life.

Monday saw me trying to play a bit of catch up on daily life.  I did 2 loads of laundry, made out a menu for the week, went grocery shopping and cleaned the fridge.  It was a greatly productive day for me.  It felt good to be doing normal things again.

Tuesday,  hubby and I spent 4 hours with his mom at the nursing facility talking to elder advisers, social workers and her therapists. She is improving slowly.  She will never be independent again though.  We have a lot of research to do on her behalf as well as getting an attorney to help us.  She has no will or power of attorneys assigned and she can no longer make decisions on her own behalf.   It is quite a mess.  Today also saw me receiving my mom's death certificates.......finally.

Wednesday I had my blood work done for my liver functions.  They are so close to normal!!!  I mean super close....less than 10 points close to normal.  To let you know how bad it was.....I was over 1000 points above normal.  They were sure I was in the throws of liver failure when, all that happened was, my Arthritis medicine built up and effected my liver.  I am no longer taking that medicine and it has stopped the issue.  Now we are looking into other medicines for my Arthritis.

Wednesday also saw me loosing my cool when I noticed my mom's death certificate was incorrect.  It had me listed as her MOTHER!!!!  So now I have to wait for an addendum to be filed and the certificate to be reprinted before I can send it anywhere.  This is the second boo boo made by the mortuary.  Needless to say, I am or recommending them to anyone at this point.

Wednesday evening we had a lovely dinner with friends from Las Vegas.  They are really more like family than friends.  It was so much fun to be able to just laugh and talk for several hours.

Thursday I took the last puzzle my mom and I did together and paid to have it framed professionally.  After that I made a quick trip to WinCo and Costco for a few essentials and then came home to do some much needed house work.  

Today, hubby and I are going through paperwork that has been scattered all over from our frantic searches over the past month.  Having 2 family members going through traumatic times together is not fun.  We are surviving and even are managing to keep things pretty normal now.  I am back to cooking dinners for us.  Hubby is back to cleaning house and me back do routine laundry.  Our dogs are fed and loved on daily and we even have time to watch our TV shows we record.  

Life as we knew it 3 months ago will never come back.  We are learning to live with our new normal though.  So you see.......you can teach an old dog new tricks.

My goal for the next week is.......................find a rocking chair for my front porch.  I want one that will hold our blistering heat and fine dirt that is on everything all the time.  I would love to sit out front during the day and work on my crafts while watching the little devils angels walk to and from school.  Maybe I can figure out which brat child is the one throwing rocks at my dogs and in our pool.  

I am off to get ready for the day.

Until next time............happy crafting!!!!!!

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you...I'm always motivated after reading your posts. Glad you are getting back to normal....your new normal. I did laundry today and yesterday cooked and today I'm baking cookies and dog treats. Glad you had some fun with friends too. Take care sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha :)) Oh my gosh, that is horrible about the death certificate. I think it's wonderful that you are framing the puzzle, that is really sweet. :) Congrats on the blood work!!! Woo hoo! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my. life certainly can be all uphill at times. I am so glad you found the perfect rocking chair (I read your yop update). It will be your refuge and your solace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry you have to deal with an imbecile who couldn't even type in the right space. That's stupid. A death certificate is an important document and shouldn't be jacked up especially when the family is grieving. I'm glad your liver numbers are much better. What a scare to have to go through that and what a pain that trying to treat one condition caused such a big upset with an organ. I hope you find that right rocking chair and yeah, bust that little punk who's been throwin' rocks. Maybe you can set up a little camera or something.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.