YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, November 10, 2017

Day 10



Not too much to report on today. Or at least I don't think it is that much.  LOL

Last night, hubs and I went to Adoration at our Cancer Shrine.  It is such a peaceful time.  I always take my knitting with me and I pray as I knit.

This morning, hubs went and got his allergy injection.  I am so glad he finally went to get tested for allergies.  He has done so well since he has been receiving the injections.  I can always tell when it is time for him to get another one as he starts  a deep cough.  

I did 2 loads of laundry this morning and worked on the shawl.  I finally finished it about an hour ago.


I really like the way it hugs my shoulders and I don't have to hold it to keep it from falling off.
It is not huge but just about the right size for someone that is sitting down quite a bit of the time.


I apologize for the cruddy photos.  Hubs took them for me and I was in a hurry so they are just from my phone.

I am going to start another shawl tonight...............Yes, I know I want to work on those adorable mittens and sweater ornaments but.................we have a retreat this weekend at church.  I want a mindless knit to keep my hands busy and I would need to read instructions for the ornaments.  This is pretty mindless once I get past the tab beginning.  This time I am going to make it black and white striped.  It will be from the same yarn with all the little sparkles in it.  I am also going to make the bottom different than the pattern  I did not like the ribbing it used as it really slowed me down to keep switching from knit to purl.  I was working with over 350 stitches and ribbing that many was a royal pain.  I may just continue in stockinette until close to the end and then do a row with yarn overs to give it a little interest.  I used the 3 stitch i-cord bind off and love the way it looks on the edging.  So nice and finished on both sides.

That is all for today.  I need to leave here soon and go to the church and help set up for tomorrow's retreat.  We start bright and early in the morning (6am) and go until late (10pm). I am usually pretty D.O.N.E. by the end of the retreat.  I am not as young as I used to be.

Until next time...............happy crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha :)) Beautiful shawl! I could use one these days, it's so cold here!!! I hope you have a nice retreat and get some good rest after, it sounds like a long day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool how it doesn't fall off! I love the pretty red color. Enjoy your retreat and sleep tight! (Not during the retreat though...lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. knitting and praying are perfect compliments to each other. Both meditative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.