YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, September 15, 2017

Just an update

Image result for sick emoji

I will try not to breath on all of you while getting this blog up.  I have a nasty little virus that hit me on Tuesday evening while at the ballgame.  I thought it was just allergies with that lovely post nasal stuff causing a sore throat.  Wednesday, the throat was super sore. Thursday, throat felt a bit better but a cough started.  Today, I gave up and went to the Doctor to be told, she was pretty sure it was just a virus.  She put me on steroids to help with all the drainage (which is causing the cough) but she also gave me antibiotics to start on Monday if I do not feel any better.  I have only taken half of today's dosage for the steroids and I already feel so much better.  WOOHOO!  Now, the trickiest part is trying to sleep while on these stinkers.  I have had them before and I get more energy than that little pink bunny with the drum.



Image result for energizer bunny


The nice thing is........................I will have my house cleaned, laundry done, menus for a month planned, and groceries bought and put away, dogs bathed as well as doing all my normal chores.  And that will be done before tomorrow night!  LOL  Who needs sleep.

The down side..................They make me super hot and when I come to the end of the 6 day cycle..............I crash for about 12 hours straight.

So, not much else has been happening the last couple of days because of feeling like yuck.

Yesterday, I did spend the day with the Grand Daughter.  She had 1/2 a day of school.  I brought her to my house for a nice lunch after which we went to go and see my mom (her great grandma).  We stayed there for a couple of hours and then headed off to Hobby Lobby for a little feel good shopping.  Then we met up with Grandpa for a nice dinner of wings.  After we left him, we headed to her house where she finished her home work, got a birthday present boxed up and wrapped for her bff, played a name that tune game and just enjoyed each other's company for a couple of hours before mommy got home.  (Daddy was at school)

Hubby and I are going to head to the veggie/fruit store in a few minutes to get some needed items for our lunches and dinners.  I love going there.  I just pray I don't have a coughing attack while in the store.  That is so embarrassing.  I might even pick up some lovely flowers to put on my table.  The last bunches have lasted almost 2 weeks each.  That is pretty good.

Just so you all know............................I AM SO DONE WITH SUMMER!!!!!!!!!  Today is our first day below 100 in forever.  Granted, it is still in the 90's but I will take it.  I want to be able to step outside in the morning and feel a chill in the air.  I want to be able to spend my mornings outside with a nice cup of tea, reading a book or working on my latest yarn project, listening to the birds chirping and the kids laughing and talking on their way to school.  I don't ask for too much, do I?

Tomorrow we are going to the celebration of life for my dear friend who we lost a couple of weeks ago.  It will be strange, walking into her house without her hollering at us to let us know where she is and to just come on in.  There won't be that hug and kiss before we leave letting us know how much she enjoyed our time together.  There won't be a puzzle on the table for us to try and put a few pieces in.  It will be different or should I say the new normal from now on.  We will still go over there to visit her husband.  It is through him that we got to know his wife.  He and my hubby used to work together.  We were so blessed to have known her.  She will stay in our hearts and minds forever.

That is about all for today.  

Until next time........................................Happy Crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marsha :) I'm glad you're feeling better...I laughed when you described your steroid-induced-energy blast week lol...I'd do the same! I hope you're better soon. And sending you thoughts for your day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.