YOP LIST 2023-2024

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Workin' it

I love my life.  I am such a blessed woman.  I have a wonderful husband, fantastic children, super cool grands and a couple of dogs that drive me nuts that I love very much.  It has been almost a month now, since hubby and I have started on our new life style of eating cleaner and with less gluten.  We started taking some new supplements also.  If I has to compare how I feel now compared to a month ago........I would not have believed this way of life could have made that much of a difference.

Let me give you a few examples.  I am not taking hardly any of my RA meds at this point.  I can go for about 5 days before I feel the need to take them.  I have so much more energy and find I am enjoying being busy all day.  My mood is much more positive and I see almost everything with a 'glass half full' attitude now.  I don't get near as irritated while driving or when shopping and people are rude.  It truly is a big difference that I have noticed within myself.  I don't know if hubby feels the same or not.  I will find that out when we go to see the nutritionist again next week.

Hubby and I have gone back to the gym and we have bee really good about it since last Friday.  We go on Monday, Wednesday and Friday's.  I was pretty sore the first 2 times we went, but don't feel that soreness today after spending an hour at the gym.  I was also able to increase the amount of weights today.  My 30 minutes on the treadmill netted me over a mile walk this time too.  I was barely making 3/4 of a mile before.  So, things are looking up for this old lady.

After coming home from the gym, we rested for about 20 minutes and then made our lunch. I did a load of laundry while hubby did errands to grocery stores for me.  While he was gone I did this:


Do you know what it is?  It is one of the reasons he went to the store for me.  I almost ran out of flour!


This is the final product.  A lovely spelt flour banana bread.  Because spelt has less gluten, it rises less than a normal 'white' flour.  Of course, hubby and I had to taste it to see if it tasted ok................................YUM!  It was perfect.  As you can see from the first photo, I made 2 loaves.  One will be going to our neighbor and friend whose wife has the cancer and is on hospice.  It is just the 2 guys there and trust me.................neither of them bake.  

I got my bread slicing guide and new bread knife today too.




Since that arrived I decided to cut the banana bread that I will be delivering later on.  I try and make things as easy as I can for them.  I am planning on making a nice casserole next week and will make enough for 2 pans and will take one over to them too.  I heard they are just snacking since neither of them want to cook and my sick friend is hardly eating anything at this point.  Also, my girlfriends sister is coming in on the 31st and I am sure it would be nice if they had something to feed her that night too.

I am knitting on the square tonight.  I am making good progress on it.  I have to decide if that is going to go with me this weekend to our conference or if I am going to take the socks, since they are much smaller.  Hmmmmmmmm  decisions, decisions.  What do you guys think?  The square is going to be a good 24 inches square when it is finished and it is over half way done at this point.  The socks are small but will it will take me a few rows before I remember the pattern.  I also have a shawl that I could take but it has lace on it.  I would hate to make a boo boo on lace during a religious conference..............If you know what I mean. LOL

Off to make some dinner and knit some more.

Until next time........................happy crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.