YOP LIST 2023-2024

Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Terrific Tuesday

It is a glorious day here at Casa De Noce.  The sun is out, the sky is blue, the humidity is lessening and I have been super productive today.

Hubby and I got up early this morning and went to Mass.  It was nice as I got to see our Grand Daughter there and got to meet her 'buddy'.  Each year the 6th through 8th graders 'sponsor' a child from grades 2nd down to Kindergarten.  The older student attends Mass with them each week and makes sure they understand how to behave and what is going on. They also help them learn their way around the school and introduce them to the staff and other students.  In general, they are like a big brother or sister.

Anyway.............I met the Grand's buddy and what a cutie.  She is in the 1st grade and has those cheeks you want to grab and squeeze and then cover them with kisses.  She is very petite too.  This is her first year at our school and my Grand is the one that normally helps new students to feel at home.  It was a match made in heaven.

After Mass, I headed off to Winco to pick up more Spelt flour along with Coconut Palm Sugar and a few other things we were in need of here in the larder.  I left there and flew home so I could get a loaf of bread going in the bread maker.  Now that I have found a flour and recipe that we both love.............it is wonderful to make my own bread and have the house smell like the loving home I have.




Can you smell that yeasty goodness?  This is not the best photo of it, but this is the only one I have.  It is getting cut and eaten for dinner tonight.  I have been having sandwiches on it each day and am loving the flavor of it. Spelt flour is NOT gluten free but.......................it is recommended for people that are sensitive to wheat but NOT for Celiac or gluten allergy people.  Hubby and I are not gluten intolerant, but the nutritionist wants us to eat more naturally and non GMO and try and get away from things like processed flour (even whole wheat).  I will say, when I eat this bread, I do not have that feeling of a rock sitting in my stomach.  I am full, but not miserable.  WOOHOO

As long as I was baking, I decided to make some more brownies (again with the spelt flour).


I had made a batch last week, but they seem to have disappeared.  These are so easy to make from scratch.  They are moist in the middle and very yummy.  Also, spelt flour is high in protein and fiber.  It really is much better for you than processed flour.  There is a learning curve to baking with it and I am still learning that curve.  Right now, I am printing out recipes that use spelt flour but am hoping to be able to take my old recipes and figure out how to do the conversion.

My house smells lovely........................I love the smell of home baked goodies.

I also managed to get a load of laundry done this morning while all that baking was going on.  As I finished up the baking, laundry and lunch, I was just settling in to do some knitting when my phone lit up..............................Doggies have a pedicure appointment in 15 minutes!  WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT??????   How did I forget about that?

Off I went to the vet to get the dogs toenails trimmed.  Lucky for me we only live about a 4 minute drive from the vet.  It takes longer to get them calmed down so I can put their leashes on them and get them to the car.  They love to go for rides and walks, so the leashes cause quite a reaction.

I arrived back home and put in a few rows on the log cabin blanket SQUARE 2!!!!  Yup, you heard that right.  I finished the first square on Monday evening.  I was so stoked.  I started on square 2 right away.  


There are live stitches on all sides of this square so there is waste yarn threaded through it until I put it all together.  The black will be the outside corners and the orange will make a lovely cross in the middle of the blanket.  Only 3 more squares to make.  I figure another 9 - 12 weeks and I should have the squares done and be ready to assemble it and border it.

As for reading............................I have almost finished another book on my Kindle.


It is a cute book even though it is pretty predictable.  I have really enjoyed reading it before bed as it does not tax my brain too much.  I only have 4% left of the book to read, so should finish it tonight.  The main female character loves to bake which is why I have really enjoyed reading this book.  I too love to be in the kitchen, whether I am baking or cooking.  I just enjoy making things for people to consume.  The satisfaction comes from watching people enjoying something I made with my hands.  Kind of like my knitting and crocheting.  Same feelings.

That gets everyone up to date.  I am going to go and work on a puzzle for a little while. Then back to knitting on square 2.

Until next time......................happy crafting!!!!!!!!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha! :) I'm so glad you found a flour to use. I love the smell of a house where home baked goodies are baking too! I'm just like you, I love that feeling of being in the kitchen, but also knowing Alex will really enjoy what I've created! Brownies do NOT last long in this house lol...I'm impressed at your progress on the log cabin blanket! That's great, it's such a feeling of accomplishment isn't it?

    I learned to do the dog's nails at home. I bought one of those little Dremel tools and I "grind" down their nails weekly. It was hard at first, they don't like the vibration and sound, but now each Saturday morning I take 10 minutes to do the 3 dogs. Though I admit some days I would love to take them for a mani/pedi and not have to do it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOw nice of you to go to Mass for school start! I LOVE log cabins but have yet to master one. The yarn is never the right stretchyness when I've tried. I lOVe yours

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds like you have a great church and church community and how wonderful that they involve the students in helping the new ones.
    I am not gluten intolerant either but I so like to eat as healthy as possible and I would like to try your recipe sometime this Winter. I'm getting ready for a garage sale now and tearing into everything! LOL! I love the smell of home baked goods and love making from scratch as I know what's in it!
    Glad you didn't miss the dog's appointment. I have so many lately I'm hoping I don't miss one!
    I'm 1 1/2 hours away from most of mine! LOL!
    Your square turned out great and I think it will be stunning when it is all finished.
    Sometimes an easy read is called for especially when you're tired! I will look for it as I like to read books that have something I'm interested in too. Enjoy! Hugs ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.