Total Pageviews

Thursday, July 13, 2017

Home

Hubby and I got home Tuesday afternoon.  How nice to be home with our crazy dogs and sleep in our bed.  The 5 hour drive kind of wears us out so we pretty much, just unpacked and kicked back for the rest of the day.

Wednesday I went to see my mom and hubby ran errands for us.  I even cooked dinner that night.  Had a lovely meal of pork chops, spaghetti squash and roasted asparagus.  It was nice to be eating real food again.  I also made out menus for the next week. 

I finally finished reading "Undercover Amish".  It was pretty good until the last chapter and the epilogue.   Having been married to a peace officer for the past 42 years.......that was totally unrealistic.  The whole book, actually, was unrealistic, but the ending was totally off the charts.  

I have started reading "The Tour" by Jean Grainge.  It's supposed to be humorous. Fingers crossed.......I could use a few laughs right now.  Updates will be coming as the reading ensues. 

Today I skipped the Prayer Shawl group and did grocery shopping.  I ended up going to 3 stores just to get the 10 needed items.  Now I need to clean all the fruits and veggies so they are ready for consumption and cooking.  But first, I decided to do laundry.  All the laundry was done before we left on Friday.  So explain to me how I managed to have 6 loads of laundry waiting for me this morning. There are only 2 people living here!  Sheesh.......this is crazy.

Tomorrow we are going to get this thing we call a house, cleaned.  There are lots of doggy fur balls rolling around.  This always happens when I bathe them.  (They got bathes 10 days ago)  plus, we had some windy days while we were gone so there is a fine layer of dust everywhere.

I am hoping to pick up my knitting tonight as it was dormant all day yesterday.  I have been working almost 100% on the shawl.  It was a great car project.  I hesitate working on the socks in the car unless they are plain vanilla socks.  Too easy to drop a DPN beside the seat. That would be hellish to get out too.  Circulars are my friend when riding in the car.

I hear my laundry calling.  Until next time. .......happy crafting! 



3 comments:

  1. Lol Marsha...it amazes me how much laundry we do as well, and it's just the 2 of us too. But we do have 3 dogs (4 at the moment, a nice canine house guest!)...and 3 cats and I firmly believe they are the cause of the laundry apocalypse in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you had a great holiday and are catching up with things now that you are home. I hear you on the dpn down the seat in the car, can't tell you how many times I do that when knitting my socks at the school for pick ups, really I should just go do magic loop on them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you got home safe and sound. I too am playing catchup after comapany and yes...laundry and since my dryer is broke there's a 24 hour turnaround before they're dry which means one load a day basically so I have to keep on top of it! LOL!
    Can't wait to see your shawl and socks on YOP!

    ReplyDelete