YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, April 28, 2017

Tough Friday

Today was good and yet tough too.  I did 4 loads of laundry this morning while hubby cleaned the kitchen and bathrooms.  I still have 2 more loads of laundry to do and should complete them tomorrow.

I started another pair of bed socks for my mom.  She loves the worsted weight socks.  That makes me happy as I have TONS of worsted weight yarn.  The first sock is already past the heel and onto the foot.  I would like to complete them this weekend. 

I ordered a set of interchangeable knitters pride nova cubic platina needles yesterday.  They were delivered today.  My fixed are wonderful, but when I am working on a shawl that is 60" wide,my 32" fixed are a bit tight.  I am in love with the cubics.  I can knit for hours without any hand pain.

We went to have dinner with our neighbors tonight.  We have been friends for many years.  They both have some health issues.  The wife has lung cancer that has metastasized to her brain.  She has undergone radiation treatment for that.  Her original brain tumor is gone but now she has 5 little ones that have appeared. She has to decide if she is going to undergo radiation again or not.  Her husband and children are putting a lot of pressure on her to do it. I told her, I would support what ever decision she chose.

The husband had a mild stroke about a month ago and spent 3.5 weeks in the hospital.  Almost 2 weeks of that was in ICU in a medical induced coma.  He is learning how to talk and swallow again.  He is also taking care of his wife, which is an added toll on his health.

Their adult son does live at home and their 2 daughters are also in town.  All the "kids" are doing what they can to help, but they all have jobs and families too.  This is first time we have been with them since the husband has been home from the hospital.  It was very hard to see the decline in the 2 of them.  They are such great people and have always been there when we needed them.  Now it is our turn to be there for them.

It hurt my heart to see these vibrant people being reduced to homebound persons.  We never know what is in store for us.  I had talked to one daughter, last Christmas, and told her I didn't expect her mom to make it to Christmas 2017.  I still believe that.  If she leaves this world, I don't think it would belong before her husband would join her,.  One of the toughest Fridays in a long time for me.

Until next time. . . . . . . . . . happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.