Last week, I was bemoaning the fact I really wanted to cast on another pair of socks so I could use my new DPNs. So......I did it.
Don't laugh at the small amount of progress I have made. I had a whole bunch more done but ripped it all out. I am making a pair of pedicure socks for a gift. The original pattern I was using called for a size 3 US needle and casting on 55 stitches and only use 3 needles. While it was going fairly fast and I had over 2 inches done in a day, I also had loads of laddering. I never ladder with DPN's and was all sorts of confused as to why. So I ripped it out and tried it again. Same thing. Then it dawned on me. I ALWAYS use 4 needles to do socks. I decided I would make my own pattern for these socks. I pulled out my 1.5 US needles and cast on my normal 64 stitches. I am using a 1x1 ribbing for the cuff and then it will be a plain stockinette stitch the rest of the way with a fish kiss heel. I will us the pedicure sock pattern I printed to figure out how and when to stop knitting and how to put in the toe strap. I have never done a 1x1 ribbing before.......it is quite time consuming but I like the look of it and how firm the rib is.
In other knitting news..................you all know that I completed the test shawl last week. The pattern was published this week. It is by our own Ruth McKeon at Celtic Knits. I can now show the photos of the finished knit that I did.
This is the blocking I did. I had to use a ladder to take this photo. That is an 8 foot wing span and the V is 26 inches.
It is very light and airy and such a lovely knit.