YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, February 21, 2016

YoP update




Happy Sunday friends and family.  I finally have something to post about this week.  I was quiet last week, as it was not much of a crafting week.  Not that I didn't knit or crochet, but nothing showed any real progress.  

So let's see what has been going on these past two weeks.  Remember, I was going to start back on my Dive In shawl.  I did......................I just could not do it.  I know I have to finish it sometime, but I just was not feeling the love for it so I put it away.  I pulled out my Cancun Lacy Boxy Top.  It has been languishing for many months and with the weather getting really warm in our part of the world......................just made sense to make progress on this.


I love working with this yarn, Blue Heron metallic. It has a nice sheen to it and the metallic thread going through it is subtle but really catches the light.  The amount I have done is the first repeat of the pattern.  The pattern rearranges itself after this part but, I think I am going to do it the way I want to.  I love all the stitches and I need at least 5 repeats for this to even begin to cover the waistband of my pants/skirts.  I have plenty of fiber as I have 2 skeins of this and they are well over 500 yards per skein.

I also was shopping the other day at WalMart and just happened to go through their craft area and came upon a cone of cotton yarn that matches my new kitchen 100%.  Since my dishcloths are all a bit ragged, I decided to buy it and make a few.



This is my favorite pattern for dishcloths.  It is DW Darrell Waltrip DIshcloth.  It makes up so nice and fast and I love the fact, it really breaks up a variegated yarn so well.  I have introduced several people to this pattern, and they all have made it their go to pattern.

And now for a bit of an AHHHHH moment.



This is our youngest dog, Enrique.  He is very attached to me and follows me everywhere. Our female dog is in love with my hubby.  In this photo, Enrique is very concerned because, I have just laid my sweater on the floor to take a picture of it.  He knows that when I pull out my needles and yarn, he jumps up onto the arm of my chair and falls asleep to the rhythmic sound of the needles.  I don't think he was happy with the idea of sleeping on the floor.  Yes, he is spoiled and so it the female.  And before you ask........................he is a chi-weenie.  Half Dachshund and half Chihuahua.  His "sister" is half Dachshund and have Miniature Pincher.  She is much sweeter than this little boy.  He does not take to strangers well and can not tolerate large dogs.  He has been through doggie training twice and it has helped but I still do not trust him 100%.

So that is about all there is this week.  I did have 2 days that my arthritis flared up so bad, I could not even hold a needle in my hands.  It was a sad day for me.  I knit everyday.  It keeps me happy and sane.

Also....................I am 3 months smoke free!  Knitting/crocheting helps out there too.  Keeps my hands and mind busy.

Until next week...........................Happy Crafting.

5 comments:

  1. I love the look of that dishcloth. I can't figure out how to actually get the pattern though. Any Tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, first of all, Marsha, congratulations on being 3 months smoke free. :) That is no small feat.

    And secondly, I just have to say I LOVE both the Cancun Lacy Boxy Top and the Blue Heron metallic yarn. What a great looking top that is going to be!

    Hoping your arthritis keeps at bay and you have a week of happy knitting days!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on making it to three months, keep those hands busy! The top is going to be gorgeous in that yarn and the cloth pattern is gorgeous, I will have to look it up myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww look at Enrique, love him my Jasper is the same. Follows me everywhere and has been known to take my knitting down from the chair and bring it out too me if he thinks I got up and left it! Love all the work and the top does make more sense to work on, plus your enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That metallic yarn is lovely. I can't wait to see it when finished. Your Enrique is so cute...what a little tough guy but protective of you...how sweet! My little miniature dachsund is way more terrifying any day than my Rottweiler! LOL!
    I need to try your dish cloth pattern. It really is pretty and looks like a great one. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.