YOP LIST 2023-2024

Monday, February 8, 2016

Monday

It's amazing how Monday morning comes so quickly even for us retired folk.  I think the retreat on Saturday and then facilitating an RCIA session Sunday morning made the weekend disappear.  Then, of course there was the superbowl game last night.  We have to watch that if nothing else, for the commercials.   The commercials were a bit of a disappointment this year.  The Doritos commercial with the ultrasound was probably the best one.  I miss the Clydesdales and the dogs and the frogs.  

So today is a laundry day and a visiting my mom day.  I was going to hit the gym, but chores have to be done.  Where we live,  we have certain times of day where it is cheaper to use electricity.  So chores have to be done between 9am and 5pm.  This changes on May 1st, but I cannot remember to those times right now.  I do know I like those times better.  Tomorrow looks to be a better gym day.  Laundry will be done and probably the grocery shopping and menu planning for 2 weeks.  

Wednesday is the start of Lent.  I have been trying to decide what to do this year to become closer the Christ.  I don't really "give up " anything, but rather add something to my daily life that enhances my spiritual growth.  And yes, that usually means I "give up" some of my spare time.  Once i figure it out, I will let you know.  As of right now, I am leaning towards picking up my Catholic One Year Bible.  Hubby got it for me several years ago and I have yet to get all the way through it. The readings are only about 20 minutes so it's not like an all day thing.  I looked yesterday to see if it was on an e-book, but no. Better yet would be an audio book of it.  I could knit on a prayer shawl while listening to it.

Hubby has just finished our taxes for the year.  I stay far away while he does those.  I make sure there is plenty of coffee and food for him.  Actually, it didn't take him long this year.  Us both being retired makes things a bit simpler.

I think I will go deep clean the laundry room while waiting on the laundry to finish.  There will be lots if stretching and bending and lifting.  Kind of like being at the gym.  I also have some planting I need to do.  Lots of moving of rocks and dirt involved there. I was gifted a small amount of hens and chicks, from Seattle.  I have been nurturing them in the house,until they rooted.  Mission accomplished!  I have a small patch of dirt and rocks that I want to put them in.  The rocks need to be removed, or at least most of them do.  There will also need to be a short little cute fence put around it so my dogs don't think the plants are snacks. I swear, I don't have dogs, but little goats.

So much to do, so I guess I should close for now and get busy.

Have a blessed day, my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.