YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 18, 2015

YoP week 29




I'm so happy last week is over.  It was a week from hell.  I had hives most of the week from stress.  But as soon as Saturday rolled around, they disappeared.  YEA!  This is a long weekend for me since the office is closed on Monday, so there is only a 4 day work week next week.  Of course there was only a four day work week for me last week too.  I am being optimistic that next week will be much better and things will go smoother.

As for my knitting/crocheting...........................Hubby and I took a road trip last weekend which is why I didn't do an update.  But I did manage to accomplish some crafting and am glad I had that to keep me busy while he drove.

First up:


Another boot cuff is completed.  I still have to do the other one but started on a different pattern with a different  yarn to see how it would look.  So I have one pair of cuffs complete and 2 pair partially done.  They don't take long so I am not concerned about completing them by the end of this month.  They are a birthday present and I am sure the recipient is going to love them.

I also forgot to mention the last time I posted, I joined a CAL this year.  It is 2015 Moogly CAL.  We get a pattern of a different 12x12 inch crochet block every two weeks.  Once we have done all of them it will make a 4 foot by 6 foot blanket.  I am so excited about doing this.  I have made a point to make each of my grandchildren a blanket.  I have done well other than for one grandson and one granddaughter.  So this one will be for the grandson.

This is the first square.  I learned three new stitches doing it.  I am amazed too.  I have been crocheting for 41 years and I didn't think there was much else to learn.  I know the square is a bit wonky, but it is acrylic and kind of hard to block.  Hopefully when I join it to other squares it will straighten out a bit.  It is just a little under 12x12 too, but I can always do another round on it to make it exact.

I have plenty of yarn in my stash to complete this blanket.  It will really help me get rid of some that has been laying around for years.  WOOHOO

This is the first CAL or KAL I have ever done and am quite excited about doing it.  The moderators are fantastic.  The blog owner is extremely kind and helpful.  The participants are wonderful and I am meeting people from all over the world.  If you have never done a CAL/KAL, you might want to give this one a try.  Even though we have already gotten the first pattern, it is still available to download and it is free.  We will get our next square pattern this Thursday.  All the squares will be designed by different designers and they will all be free for the duration of the CAL.

Other than all that, Hubby and I took today and went grocery/supply shopping.  Man, that was an expensive little outing.  But we are set for food for at least a month and supplies are good for a while too.  I could not believe some of the deals we got and just decided to go ahead and stock up on meat while it was on sale and really cheap for a change.

I gave the two dogs a bath today.  They are not very happy with me right now.  But they will get over it.  I noticed that the little boy dog has a chunk of hair missing from his side.  I don't think the female could have done it since she doesn't have any front teeth to nip him with.  So we don't know how it happened, but it doesn't look like the skin is broken on it.  The hair will grow back eventually.  Tomorrow, they will be going to the groomer to get their nails clipped.  I normally have the groomer give them their winter baths but it is going to be 78 today and lots of sunshine, so they can lay outside and get all nice and dry.  I just can't clip their nails, because they are black and I can't tell where the quick is.  I would hate to make them bleed.

So lets look at the list.  I have made a few changes from the start of the year:

YoP 4 List

New items to do

2 PAIR OF BOOT CUFFS
STARTED 1/1/15

Sweater for me
Started 12/21/14
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK



WIP's to complete

Log Cabin Blanket
(This has been in my WIP pile for about 3 years now.  It needs to leave it)
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

Yearly projects I do anyway

Socks
( I love doing them and can not say how many pairs I will complete but need to do some)
STARTED A NEW PAIR 10/7/14
DIDN'T TOUCH THIS WEEK

Things to increase my skills

1 test knits/crochet
(I have done a few of these over the past year and loved doing them.  They totally test my skills as a crafter and help me branch out into areas I would never ever think of going)
I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO DO A COUPLE BUT UNTIL AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR, I JUST DON'T SEE THAT HAPPENING.   

JOIN A CAL OR KAL
STARTED 1/8/15

Personal Goal

Use only the yarn from my stash for all the above projects.
( I am truly going to try NOT to purchase any more yarn this year.  I have already gone 4 months without buying any yarn and I figure I can continue that trend for at least another 12 months.)
NO YARN BOUGHT AS OF 01/18/15

Take photos of ALL items when done.
(I have a habit of gifting items and never photographing them for my blog)
YUP, SO FAR AS OF 01/18/15
OOPS, DIDN'T TAKE PHOTOS OF THE SCARVES I MADE AND SOLD 12-19-14

COMPLETED ITEMS
Lapghan for my mom
(I started on this on July 1st since this is when the official YoP 4 started)
FINISHED 7/6/14

2-3 Doll Clothes
(I really want to get this done this year......I really do)
ALL FINISHED BY 7/22/14

1 fingerless mitt
( This is for a Christmas gift this year so it WILL be done soon)
FINISHED 8/12/14

One sock
(This also needs to be done for Christmas.  It's been lingering around for 6 months)
COMPLETED 9/27/14

Be Loving
Unplanned project but did it for love
COMPLETED 10/19/14

Slippers
(These make the best Christmas gifts and my entire family said they need new ones)
8 PAIR COMPLETED 11/09/14

12 dishcloths 
( These also make such nice Christmas gifts and are quick and fun to do)
THIRTEEN COMPLETED 11/16/14

5 RUFFLED SCARVES
12/19/14

BOOT CUFFS FOR DIL
ONE COMPLETED 01/03/15

NEW PRAYER SHAWL FOR MOM
COMPLETED 1/6/15

6 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you have had a bad week - hope this next one is better. Love the boot cuffs and the crochet square is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope this week goes much better for you and I love the squares, I normally block mine acrylic squares with a blast of steam from the iron. Good to hear your enjoying the CAL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love to hear about CALs, KALs and the like! Also nice to hear that you're being challenged with something a bit different. Nice looking square - I prefer the more solid ones to lacy ones myself.

    Now hopefully it's a better week this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your comment about the thread crochet and RA. I'm fairly certain now that is what did it. I'm done with them and it's already feeling better.
    I'm so sorry you've had the hives! Those are not fun! Stress is what gave me the RA and the Grave's Disease and the Hyperthryroidism that put me into a thyroid "storm"...Mayo told me it was stress after I told them what I did for a living. I was a systems programmer for a large corp and was on call 24/7, worked many weekends, family of 4, only child and parents ill, husband divorcing me...I'm lucky I lived! LOL! Don't mess with stress.....it's not worth anything...scale back, quit the job, live off the land! LOL!
    You're really talking me into that CAL as I have never done one either and it sounds like a really great one to learn some new skills in crochet too. I hope you enjoy your extended weekend, the hives go away and brats and beer with a BFF? It doesn't get any better than that! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you've had such a stressful week. Hope things are settling down and the next one will be better!

    The CAL sounds great. I did the Scheepjes Mystery CAL a little while ago and it was great fun. Will have to check this one out - although I did promise myself to stick to my projects for a while! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for a start on the CAL! I signed up and may get going later on in the year! Looking forward to seeing yours grow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.