YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, January 4, 2015

YoP Week 27



Hello everyone!  Happy New Year to each of you.  I am hoping this will be a stellar year for all of us.  Both in the crafting world and in our everyday lives.

I have seen so many blogs with a review of their entire year of projects and what they have completed and I am totally impressed.  I am just not as savvy with my blog so you won't see that here.  But I do have pictures to show of what has been happening in the past 3 weeks here at the Casa de Noce.  So sit back and enjoy the show.

I L.O.V.E. this!  My DIL made it for me for Christmas.  She got the idea off of Pinterest and just flew with it.  There are yarns on there from her, me, her mom and my mom.  The needles were from her mother and I think it is totally adorable.  Of course this is going to hang on the door to my craft room.

Since we are talking about Christmas.......................................

We wanted to celebrate it with my mom at her assisted living facility.  This is four generations of us.  Not only is it Christmas but it is also...................

my mom's birthday.  She turned 87 this year and other than some physical issues, she is perfect in every way.  We had a marvelous time with her and all the people that live in her place.  The whole family (that lives in town) was there and we think she had a great day.  She says she had the best birthday ever and was so pleased that we all made the effort to come and spend some quality time with her.

BUT...................................When we were there a week earlier, my DIL borrowed my mom's prayer shawl I had made her several years ago.  And what did I see?????????????  A huge hole in it.  Well, that will just not do.  Nope, this is my mom and she deserves that best.  So.............................................

A new one is being made for her.  I am over half way done with this.  I am using a one pound ball of yarn and when it is gone, then the shawl will be complete.  It is crocheted from my Leisure Arts book entitled "Crochet Prayer Shawls, 15 wraps to Share".  I have had it for some time and finally decided to look through it.  I love the pattern.  It has an open-ness to it but is actually very warm.

I also have been working on a birthday present for my DIL....................................

Boot Cuffs!  She loves to wear her boots and saw girls with these and loved the look.  The first pair is done, but I am going to do at least one more pair and possibly 2.  These only took about 4 hours each to complete.  I have a road trip coming up this weekend, and think this will be one of the projects I take with me.  I am going to do all of them in different patterns so I don't get bored.  Ravelry has tons of boot cuff patterns and I am perusing all of them.

I am at an impasse on these...............................

I am at the point where I have to do the wrap and turn heel.  I HATE wrap and turn heels and am trying to find another heel that I can do from the toe up.  I have the gusset made and all, but if you have any ideas for me, PLEASE!!!!!!! let me know.  I am about ready to rip them totally out and start them over from the top down on DPNs.

Speaking of DPNs...............................................

I bought myself an after Christmas present.  Yup, square 5 inch double points to make my socks on.  I truly love doing top down on double points, but my hands no longer allow me to it on regular round needles.  So I am going to give these a try.  They work great for me in the circulars.

And, now onto New Years News..............................Don't stop reading this just yet.  I know it is long and photo heavy, but I saved the best for last......................................

See this adorable little black and white dog?  She showed up at our back door on New Years Eve, terrified of all the fireworks that were being shot off in our neighborhood.  She was the sweetest little thing.  We couldn't turn her away.  We brought her in, cuddled her, let her sleep with us and the next day put an ad on Craig's List and found her owners within an hour of the ad.  They lived 5 houses away from us!  We made 4 children totally happy when I took her back home.  (Ok, so we have lived here since 1988 and we only know about 4 of our neighbors.  That is what fences will do to you)

However......................................................

Those two fawn colored dogs were not sad to see her go.  They were good with her, but their noses got a little out of joint with all the attention she got for the evening.  I love this photo......................yes, that is my hubby.  The love of my life, my best friend.  He is not the most animal loving person but because I love animals, has allowed me to have several over the 39 years of marriage.  I laughed when he ended up with all three of the dogs on him.  But he took it all in stride and loved on all of them.

Today, we are taking down our Christmas decorations and getting our house back to normal.  I am hoping that I can get some crafting done sometime today.  I really want to finish the shawl and look for more patterns for boot cuffs.

I am looking at my list that I made in June of 2014 and feel that I have done pretty good on most of it.  Lets take a look......................................
YoP 4 List

New items to do

2-3 PAIR OF BOOT CUFFS
STARTED 1/1/15

Sweater for me
Started 12/21/14
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

NEW PRAYER SHAWL FOR MOM
STARTED 12/19/14

WIP's to complete

Log Cabin Blanket
(This has been in my WIP pile for about 3 years now.  It needs to leave it)
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

Yearly projects I do anyway

Socks
( I love doing them and can not say how many pairs I will complete but need to do some)
STARTED A NEW PAIR 10/7/14
WORKED ON THIS WEEK

Things to increase my skills

2-3 test knits/crochet
(I have done a few of these over the past year and loved doing them.  They totally test my skills as a crafter and help me branch out into areas I would never ever think of going)
I HAVE BEEN ASKED TO DO A COUPLE BUT UNTIL AFTER THE FIRST OF THE YEAR, I JUST DON'T SEE THAT HAPPENING.   
Personal Goal

Use only the yarn from my stash for all the above projects.
( I am truly going to try NOT to purchase any more yarn this year.  I have already gone 4 months without buying any yarn and I figure I can continue that trend for at least another 12 months.)
NO YARN BOUGHT AS OF 01/04/15

Take photos of ALL items when done.
(I have a habit of gifting items and never photographing them for my blog)
YUP, SO FAR AS OF 01/04/15
OOPS, DIDN'T TAKE PHOTOS OF THE SCARVES I MADE AND SOLD 12-19-14

COMPLETED ITEMS
Lapghan for my mom
(I started on this on July 1st since this is when the official YoP 4 started)
FINISHED 7/6/14

2-3 Doll Clothes
(I really want to get this done this year......I really do)
ALL FINISHED BY 7/22/14

1 fingerless mitt
( This is for a Christmas gift this year so it WILL be done soon)
FINISHED 8/12/14

One sock
(This also needs to be done for Christmas.  It's been lingering around for 6 months)
COMPLETED 9/27/14

Be Loving
Unplanned project but did it for love
COMPLETED 10/19/14

Slippers
(These make the best Christmas gifts and my entire family said they need new ones)
8 PAIR COMPLETED 11/09/14

12 dishcloths 
( These also make such nice Christmas gifts and are quick and fun to do)
THIRTEEN COMPLETED 11/16/14

5 RUFFLED SCARVES
12/19/14

BOOT CUFFS FOR DIL
01/03/15


I hope you all have a wonderful week and
HAPPY CRAFTING!

5 comments:

  1. I love that wreath! I've seen a few flying around on pinterest also, it will make a wonderful addition to your craft room. I can't help with the socks I'm afraid but I do hope your new dpns work out for you and you can work away on your socks. What a wonderful picture of all of you and your Mom, many congratulations to her. What a pretty prayer shawl that is going to be! Awww look at that wee doggie and isn't that funny how they gravitated towards your husband, our dogs are very much mine and are whereever I am including waiting on the mat if I'm out until I return much to my husbands amusement. Your list is looking great for half way through. You may even run out of items by the end of June.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the wreath! I saw it too and have been saving little balls of yarn to do a small one. Great for your craft room! How wonderful to spend time with your Mom on her birthday. My family is 2 hours away so that won't be happening but they'll call. Love the dogs..all of them are cute.
    This was a wonderful post and I love the shawl and socks...I can't help you though as I only do top down on dpn's and I still have problems myself! LOL!
    I think you deserve an award for the most projects done on your list! You have done really well! Best to you in the coming year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks as though you had a great Christmas and your mum, a great birthday. I too love the wreath and hope that the square needles do the trick. I can't help you with the socks at this moment I'm afraid, not enough experience... yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have plans to make a wreath like that next year. Time will tell.
    Great post! Glad to read that your holidays were lovely 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really enjoyed your post - and that wreath is just fantastic!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.