YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, August 24, 2014

YoP week 8



Two month into the YoP and things are looking promising this year. (for a change)  I have been really busy this week with crochet.


Five pair of slippers done....................well almost.  I still need to add decor to the front of them.  I was going to add pom poms but since there are kitties in the house where these are going, thought better of it.  So I will be looking for special buttons to represent each one's personalities.  I still have one more pair to make for this family and then they will be ready for Christmas.  I am using this pattern.

So lets see where I am at........................................again

YoP 4 List
New items to do

Slippers
(These make the best Christmas gifts and my entire family said they need new ones)
5 PAIR COMPLETED, 6 MORE TO DO BEFORE CHRISTMAS


WIP's to complete

Log Cabin Blanket
(This has been in my WIP pile for about 3 years now.  It needs to leave it)
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

One sock
(This also needs to be done for Christmas.  It's been lingering around for 6 months)
WORKED ON IT THIS WEEK


Yearly projects I do anyway

12 dishcloths 
( These also make such nice Christmas gifts and are quick and fun to do)
SIX COMPLETED 8/24/14

Socks
( I love doing them and can not say how many pairs I will complete but need to do some)

Things to increase my skills

2-3 test knits/crochet
(I have done a few of these over the past year and loved doing them.  They totally test my skills as a crafter and help me branch out into areas I would never ever think of going)
   
Personal Goal

Use only the yarn from my stash for all the above projects.
( I am truly going to try NOT to purchase any more yarn this year.  I have already gone 4 months without buying any yarn and I figure I can continue that trend for at least another 12 months.)
NO YARN BOUGHT AS OF 8/24/14

Take photos of ALL items when done.
(I have a habit of gifting items and never photographing them for my blog)
YUP, SO FAR AS OF 8/24/14

COMPLETED ITEMS
Lapghan for my mom
(I started on this on July 1st since this is when the official YoP 4 started)
FINISHED 7/6/14

2-3 Doll Clothes
(I really want to get this done this year......I really do)
ALL FINISHED BY 7/22/14

1 fingerless mitt
( This is for a Christmas gift this year so it WILL be done soon)
FINISHED 8/12/14

Life is pretty much back to normal now.  It has been nice to get back into our normal routine.  I love family and having them for company.  But there is that little part of me that still loves 'my life' even more.

I got my hair cut this weekend and man is it SHORT!  I didn't realize how short it was until I went and tried to style it today.  HEEHEE  It is maybe 1-1.5 inches long at the most.  That means, I had 5 inches cut off.  But let me tell you...........................it is much cooler.  Seeing we are still in the 100's it was called for.  Hubby asked me what I was going to do when it got 'cold' outside.  I told him "I can knit and crochet and make hats and scarves and all sorts of stuff to keep me warm."  And you know what he did??????????????? HE ROLLED HIS EYES AT ME!!!!  Men!

OH...................I need to tell you something...................This not buying any yarn for a year is KILLING me.  I have seen some of the most wonderful yarn all over the place and I am soooooo tempted but then I think of all the stash I have at home and how it really needs to be made smaller.  I have been good............................so far.

Until next week

Happy Crafting!

4 comments:

  1. Wow five pairs of slippers! You know if you keep going this way you are going to have nothing left on your list by January haha, you'll have to make a second list but good for you. From I got my hair cut, as short as in my profile pic I find I love wearing my hats in the cooler weather, only because my head is freezing lol, I must knit some more actually, anyway my hair at the moment is as long as yours now and it's driving me bonkers being too long go figure that, it's back next week for a buzz cut :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those slippers will make lovely Christmas gifts, how fabulous to get so many of them finished already.
    I always love the thought of a really short hair cut but never have the nerve to go through with it........anyway it's always pretty chilly here and hats and plenty of hair are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 5 pairs!! Wow! What lovely gifts they will make. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy!! The slippers are coming along really quickly! The recipients will be so happy! I think it's the smartest thing to knit and crochet nice warm hats! And you are a very, very strong woman being able to not buy yarn!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.