YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, August 31, 2014

YoP again!




Not a very exciting week here at the leftycrafter's household.  I only managed to get one item completed this week.



Pretty pitiful, don't you think?  Here I was all gun-ho last week, completing 5 slippers.  What happened?  I really don't know.  I started on this slipper on Sunday after blogging.  I finished the first one  that day.  I didn't finish the second one until Friday night.

I have cast on another slipper, to knit this time.  Man, knitting takes so much longer than crochet does.  At least for me it does.  I have worked on it since Friday and am still not done with the first one.  I also tried to start on another crochet slipper but I really don't think I have the recipients foot length right.  She told me what size shoe she wears and then measured her foot and the two items do not jive.  So I think she just measured her foot while crossing her legs and not while standing on a ruler.  BIG DIFFERENCE!

I almost caved and bought yarn this week.  The slipper I am working on has a slight mistake in it.  I spaced out the part that when you do a solid stockinette stitch, you need to do a few rows of garter to keep it from rolling.  I remembered that little rule when I was over half way into it.  I KNOW!!!!  You would have thought I would have noticed earlier, but that is what happens when you are teaching yourself how to knit without turning your work.  I was so excited to learn that little technique that I didn't look at the progress I was making until it was too late.  So, I thought about it and decided that I would do a border of fun fur on it to make it extra special for an extra special little girl.  I DO NOT HAVE ANY FUN FUR IN MY STASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I am in a panic. Then the light bulb goes off............................I gave all of my fun fur to my DIL.  I am on the phone so quick..............................YIPEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  She still has lots of fun fur and probably in colors that I can use.  Yup, no yarn bought...................And what I don't use will go back to her house. 

So that is all for this week.  

Here is a look at 'the list"
YoP 4 List
New items to do

Slippers
(These make the best Christmas gifts and my entire family said they need new ones)
6 PAIR COMPLETED, 5 MORE TO DO BEFORE CHRISTMAS


WIP's to complete

Log Cabin Blanket
(This has been in my WIP pile for about 3 years now.  It needs to leave it)
DIDN'T TOUCH IT THIS WEEK

One sock
(This also needs to be done for Christmas.  It's been lingering around for 6 months)
WORKED ON IT THIS WEEK


Yearly projects I do anyway

12 dishcloths 
( These also make such nice Christmas gifts and are quick and fun to do)
SIX COMPLETED 8/31/14

Socks
( I love doing them and can not say how many pairs I will complete but need to do some)

Things to increase my skills

2-3 test knits/crochet
(I have done a few of these over the past year and loved doing them.  They totally test my skills as a crafter and help me branch out into areas I would never ever think of going)
   
Personal Goal

Use only the yarn from my stash for all the above projects.
( I am truly going to try NOT to purchase any more yarn this year.  I have already gone 4 months without buying any yarn and I figure I can continue that trend for at least another 12 months.)
NO YARN BOUGHT AS OF 8/31/14

Take photos of ALL items when done.
(I have a habit of gifting items and never photographing them for my blog)
YUP, SO FAR AS OF 8/31/14

COMPLETED ITEMS
Lapghan for my mom
(I started on this on July 1st since this is when the official YoP 4 started)
FINISHED 7/6/14

2-3 Doll Clothes
(I really want to get this done this year......I really do)
ALL FINISHED BY 7/22/14

1 fingerless mitt
( This is for a Christmas gift this year so it WILL be done soon)
FINISHED 8/12/14


Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. Knitting is so much slower isn't it, that's why you've just the one pair done but look at the totals you've completed so far, amazing!
    Well done on staying strong and not crumbling to the temptation of buying yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I definitely find knitting much slower than crochet. And ripping back in knitting is waaaay more painstaking than in crochet ... ask me how I know!?!?!

    Good for you for avoiding yarn buying temptation. It's not just the fun fur you needed, it's those other things that just fall into one's shopping basket while at the LYS. At least that's how my yarn purchases usually go :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on remembering your fun fur! They will look great with the edging.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.