YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, July 6, 2014

YoP 4!


I can hardly believe that this is the fourth year of YoP.  It only seems like a few months ago I was making my first list of what I wanted to accomplish in a years time.  Oh, how much I have learned from that first year list.  Year two, I was more ambitious and made a list that even the best crafter in the world would have laughed at.  Yup, learned a lot from that list.  Year three, I made a much more 'generic' list.  I still was not able to complete all that was on that list but I did much better than I had in the previous years.

So this year I made my list.  Then I tore it up.  I made another list.  That one got trashed too.  I made a third list and was pretty pleased with it but still feel it is not exactly the way I want it.  I have done some scratching out of things, added things, more scratching, more adding, adjust amount of items in certain areas, tried to put things on there that would make me expand my knitting/crocheting skills.  Ok, I think I am ready to release THE LIST.

YoP 4 List

New items to do
Lapghan for my mom
(I started on this on July 1st since this is when the official YoP 4 started)

2-3 Doll Clothes
(I really want to get this done this year......I really do)

Slippers
(These make the best Christmas gifts and my entire family said they need new ones)


WIP's to complete

1 fingerless mitt
( This is for a Christmas gift this year so it WILL be done soon)

Log Cabin Blanket
(This has been in my WIP pile for about 3 years now.  It needs to leave it)

One sock
(This also needs to be done for Christmas.  It's been lingering around for 6 months)


Yearly projects I do anyway

12 dishcloths 
( These also make such nice Christmas gifts and are quick and fun to do)

Socks
( I love doing them and can not say how many pairs I will complete but need to do some)



Things to increase my skills

2-3 test knits/crochet
(I have done a few of these over the past year and loved doing them.  They totally test my skills as a crafter and help me branch out into areas I would never ever think of going)
   

Personal Goal

Use only the yarn from my stash for all the above projects.
( I am truly going to try NOT to purchase any more yarn this year.  I have already gone 4 months without buying any yarn and I figure I can continue that trend for at least another 12 months.)

Take photos of ALL items when done.
(I have a habit of gifting items and never photographing them for my blog)



So there you have it.  Seems I have a lot of crafting to do between now and Christmas.  But that is the way it always is and then I worry that I won't have anything to work on after that.  This year I have made sure there is plenty on the list that will keep me busy after Christmas.

Will touch base with y'all next week.

Happy crafting!


10 comments:

  1. I like it, The List is varied with a bit for before and after xmas. I like the personal goals also but think the not buying yarn is the thing I'd find hardest of all to do so best of luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your list and will be impressed if you use the yarn in your stash...really no purchasing of yarn for the next year... I wish you luck x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list. I have only done one year and feel I have learned so much. Looking forward to seeing your progress (from the photos you are going to take!). Good luck with the stash goal, you have done so well already.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to try to make a bunch of slippers for Christmas too. At the moment I'm thinking about the Duffers pattern. I guess I'd better buy it and try a pair before I waste too much more time. I always run out of time in November and December.

    Good luck on the stash down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you have the perfect list...not too big, not too little, you're challenging yourself and using up stash and making things you enjoy and others do too. I was going to make slippers for gifts. Do you put something on the bottom so they won't slip? I wish I had a stash but it's getting there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not buy yarn? I should do that too. Emphasis on SHOULD...but likely won't. Haha.
    Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have some great, intended projects on your list. I'm interested in seeing what slippers you'll be making and how they come along. Their Pinterest pins always catch my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your list! Good luck and I look forward to future updates!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good luck on the stash down!

    ReplyDelete
  10. No yarn buying??? Let me know how that works out for you! ;) It would never work for me as I have too many enablers in my life1 :)
    Your list looks great and I can' wait to see all your lovely projects.
    xoxxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.