YOP LIST 2023-2024

Thursday, April 12, 2012

Just checking in

 Seems funny that I can check in throughout the week but have a horrible time doing my YoP update on Sundays.

Any who.........................I am working on my socks and must say I love the pattern I choose peace socks by Wendy Johnson.  The pattern is just enough to keep my attention but not so bad that I can not enjoy anything else.  I am almost to the heel and I think I am going to try the heel she has in the instructions.  I normally a couple of other heels my favorite being the Sweet Tomato Heel by Cat Borghi. It is easy and fool proof.

I still can not decide what sock yarn I want to take to class on Saturday.  I have some lovely yarn that I got to do a pair of socks for my hubby but I really don't want to 'practice' on it.  I do have lots of Panda Cotton but it splits so easily (I am using that stuff now).  I have some Noro but it seems so rough to the touch.  I will probably just take some of my comfort sock yarn and use that.  I have plenty of it and each skein is large enough to do a pair of crew socks.

On the food front....................I am back on tract as of yesterday.  The last weekend with Holy Week and Easter were a disaster for me.  We were so busy with Church that all I would do is grab the quickest and easiest thing there was to eat and stuff it in my mouth.  On Easter we ordered from a wonderful Italian restaurant and ate like kings. (fat kings mind you)  Monday was not much better as there was quite a bit of stress going on in my life and so I grabbed my go to for stress................chocolate........................and ate that until I thought I was going to be sick.  (Wish I would have)  So Tuesday I was back on track for the most part and Wednesday I was 100% back on.  I need that ticker to go down the slippery slope.  I have a couple of goals in mind and hopefully I will make them.

Goal one.................I need to be 7 pounds lighter by the first of May
Goal Two................I want to be solidly between 8 and 10 pounds lighter (than now) by the end of May.
Goal Three..............I want to be 10-15 pounds lighter (than now) by the end of June.

I don't think that is such a hard goal to achieve.  I just have to stick with it and look at the small goals instead of the BIG picture and my total goal.  I have lots of support around me so it should be ok.  I could actually do more than I have for my goal three but I don't want to push it.  I know there is going to be a plateau in there somewhere. 

I am finally into all of the clothes in my closet.  In fact I have had to get rid of a lot of clothing.  Fortunately for me my daughter is doing this too and she has been more than happy to take my too big clothes off my hands.  Hopefully before the end of June I will need to make a bit of a shopping trip to add to the dwindling wardrobe.  I already had to go out and buy smaller underwear (both upper and lower!)

I will try really hard to post this Sunday.  Hubby is out of town until Monday night so I should have time to take photos and post on the blog.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.