YOP LIST 2023-2024

Friday, July 22, 2011

Sad Face

  This is not my going to replace my Sunday update but I just had to get this off my chest.

I am wearing a very sad face.  I was so excited with the progress I was making on the green reversible scarf.  I had it almost to the half way point.  I was admiring my work and then.......I saw it.  I looked twice.  I tried turning it around to make sure it was really there.  I pulled on it........I squinted hoping it was my contacts needing being replaced.  I held it up and shook it.  Nope.....nothing helped.  It seems that when I took the stitches off the cable needle I took them off the wrong end of the cable needle!  What the heck?  Am I an amateur knitter.  (well actually I am)

OK, so I think............well it's not really that noticeable.  No one will know but me............unless the wearer puts the scarf on with that side showing.  UGH!!!!  I don't want anyone to think I don't know how to do a cable!  How embarrassing when they would ask the wearer where she got and and she would say my name! 

I thought about it for 2 days and continued to knit on it.  (like that would make the mistake go away)  Finally, last night I decided that I could not live with that glaring BOO-BOO so I frogged it.  Thirty rows were frogged out before I went to bed so I could sleep.  I also put 3 rows back in just to make sure I didn't do it again in the same spot.  (like it might be a cursed row or something)

So hopefully by my update on Sunday I will be back to my half way point.  We will see.

Happy Crafting!

3 comments:

  1. You are so not alone doing that. I have made mistakes also and kept going only to frog that much more and redo that much more. At least you caught it and fixed it and will be so much happier with the end results. Can't wait to see a pic on how it turned out. I heard a saying once.. to knit..is to frog. So true but, no less annoying. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have done the same thing--all the while knowing I am not going to be happy with the end result. All that time and effort and money needs to produce an item we are proud of! I hope the curse is lifted and it is smooth sailing from here on out.
    *smiles*

    ReplyDelete
  3. As painful as that was, you did the right thing to frog it back and pick up where you made the mistake. It's one of those life lessons (in knitting, that is) that we truly learn from ... in the past, when I haven't frogged to correct a mistake, the mistake nagged at me whenever I wore the FO so kudos to you ... and now onward!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.