YOP LIST 2023-2024

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Oh My!

So much has happened since I last posted here.  And it really hasn't been all that long either.

Hubby and I went to Las Vegas for a 4 day weekend.  Our son and his wife joined us on the trip.  It was nice to get away for a few days and we all really had a great time.  We came back with the same amount of money that we left with so I guess that means we are winners.

I have gotten over being bummed about the sweater and have gotten it back to where it was before I frogged it.  I have not worked on it for a couple of weeks now, though.  There was no way I could take that in the car, with the lace pattern in it, so I started the spiderman blanket for my Godson's birthday.  Amazing, that a total of 11 hours on the road can see a person come to within 5 rows of completing that blanket.  It is really cute and an easy project once you can figure out the instructions.  They were a bit vague but I finally got it figured out with the help of my Daughter in Law.

Lent has started and as is our faith custom we give something up each year for lent to remind us of the sacrifice that our Lord gave for us.  So I asked my husband if he was going to give up watching sports on TV and he turned around and asked me if I was going to give up working with yarn.  He wins!  I have given up some of my "down time" to do more scripture reading and praying.  It seems to be making me a bit more centered too.

My mom goes to the podiatrist this week to see if she can finally start to drive again.  She got a stress fracture in her right ankle about 8 weeks ago and has been in a specialized CROWS boot since then.  So my hubby has been taking her to all her appointments for the past 8 weeks.  He has been really a good sport about it too.  He as never complained about it at all!  But my poor mom is going stir crazy.  She is so used to being able to just go when she wants to and where she wants. 

Did I tell you I also started another pair of socks?  I think they will be for me again.  So far I have 3 rows done on them.  They will probably have to wait until I get both spiderman blankets done and hopefully my sweater.  After all, I won't be wearing socks again for about 9 months.  We have already hit 90 degrees here! 

That is about it for now.  It is getting late and I have to be up early for work tomorrow.

Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by. Please let me know you were here by leaving me a comment or a question. Even a quick hello makes my day and lets me know I am not all alone here.