Monday, February 14, 2011

Finished project

I did it!  My socks are done.  I finished them Sunday afternoon and I am so glad to have them off the needles and in my sock drawer.  Here are some pictures of them.  They are made with Panda Cotton (I am allergic to wool).  It is not my favorite yarn to use as it splits easily but I loved the colorways of it.  Also, I have several more skeins of this yarn to use up so I will just have to get over the splitting issue and be a bit more careful.

Here they are on the sock stretcher.  I wish you could see the pattern on them better.  The one in the back you can kind of see the diamonds on the top of the sock.  It was a fun and easy pattern to do.

It is really hard to take a picture of your own leg with a sock on it.  These feel so good and fit really well!

I like the heel on these.  There is not heel flap that you have to do at all.  It is one of the easiest heels there is to knit. 

So now I am working on my cardigan and have part of the back done.  I will continue to work on that until it is finished.  It will probably take me some time to complete but it is an easy knit so far.

http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEsummer08/PATTheyteach.html

Above is the link to the sweater I am making.  I am doing it in a medium gray and a very soft acrylic.

As for the craft room.................well it is about as far done as I can do to this point.  I did not get a chance to get in the corner of the room this weekend as I did not get the "down time" I was hoping for.  But it is in decent enough shape that I was able to sew 2 chapel veils on Saturday for my Goddaughter.  She had outgrown her other ones that I had made for her.  She was really pleased with the new ones too.  (No I didn't get a chance to take any photos of them.  Maybe if she wears this to Mass in the next week or two I will get a shot of them while she is wearing them)

On a sad note...................my little car is really sick.  It is at the doctor for new brakes, calipers, and timing belt.  We thought about buying a new one but when we figured it out it would be so much more economical to fix it up.  There is nothing wrong with the engine and the body of the car is great too.  I still have a couple other minor things that need fixing on it (speedometer sticks) but until they see it happen they can not diagnosis it.  So I will just have to wait until it happens again.  I also have a motor for one of the electric windows that needs replacing and the transmission fluid needs flushing.  All in all it will cost us about 4 car payments to fix it all up.  And since it is paid for I would rather do that than buy a new car and have that dreaded car payment for the next several years!

I hope all of you had a wonderful Valentine's Day. 

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment